Lost Connection w/AudioStream- help?

SarahDunlap

Has anyone used Audiostream regularly and then suddenly lose the connection and be unable to get it connected again? I'm using iPhone and have lost the connection in the AudioKey2 app, showing connection failed. In the settings/accessiblity/ hearing devices, Audiostream shows not connected or not paired. I have rebooted everything a bunch of times. I've switched battery types, I've removed the mic cover, cleaned underneath. I've turned the little slit to the "unlocked" position in the front of the audiostream. Basically, I've tried anything that I can adjust on my own.

I have made sure I'm not connected to anything else while going through all of this too. Please tell me someone has a simple suggestion or solution? It's Sunday, otherwise I'd call customer service. Wish I had streaming back! If I don't find a solution today, I'll reach out to Med El for help tomorrow. Thought I'd try here first. Troubleshooting guides have not helped yet. My Med El rep helped me get connected the first time so I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

Anyone?

• HearPeers Heroes

Try

accessibility/hearing devices

FORGET THIS DEVICE

and

BT if listed there 

FORGET THIS DEVICE

then go through the AudioKey2 steps for configuration again

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

Try

accessibility/hearing devices

FORGET THIS DEVICE

and

BT if listed there 

FORGET THIS DEVICE

then go through the AudioKey2 steps for configuration again

So, I did go to BT settings to forget device, but I forgot Sonnet 2. Audiostream wasn't showing up. I have forgotten the connection in accessibility and then going back to AudioKey2 app but the configuration fails over and over again. I almost got it to work once in the last two days but it was loading like it was trying to connect but then failed again. So strange because it was connected fine up until yesterday morning. I moved my head a little too far out of range and haven't been able to connect again since. I did see "tips for iPhone" have tried to adjust settings. I think everything is right. I guess like some of y'all had to do this hundreds of times before it worked, I'll keep trying. Do you know if a customer service representative might be able to offer any additional suggestions? I feel SOL.

• HearPeers Heroes

Okay.

try this.

Delete AudioKey2 app from phone.

Turn off phone.  Wait a few moments and turn it back on

Download AudioKey2 app again.

Turn BT off  or power off any other devices like tablets etc.

Then go through the steps in AudioKey2 to pair the Sonnet2 processors again so you can use the phone as a remote.

Next go through the configuration of AudioStreams in AudioKey2.

If this doesn’t work, go to the 1:1 tech support link and sign up for a time slot from Med-El US.  There are two slots still open for Tuesday.

https://web.cvent.com/event/9f87401e-5bd8-4868-9e78-1fbba262e086/regProcessStep1

• Like 1

Thank you, Mary Beth! I'll give it another shot. I am scheduled w/tech support now though, so that's a huge help!

1 hour ago, Dianna said:

Hope you guys doing ok?

Hey Diana! Thanks for the well wishes! I'm doing great with listening just having trouble staying connected. Living alone and working alone has its advantages for an introvert 😏 but it doesn't help rehab without streaming. I can plug n play withAudiolink on the TV at least. Do you all notice a much better sound with the TV box and Audiolink than AudioStream? Getting to know my terminology hehe

27 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

Let us know how you end up getting this solved please.  Good luck!

@SarahDunlap

Thanks I will! I keep getting this message on the app.

3123596B-8084-49A0-8A59-722A83EE5EFF.png

A0AA6E8A-AAB4-4B3C-A9C4-35970CF81FA1.png

Ah I found a work-a-round! Using lightning to AUX adapter, I was able to connect via Audiolink. Still no wireless streaming but this is close enough! It's amazing how much better the sound quality gets the more I use it! Thanks for your help everyone!!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@SarahDunlap

By any chance had you at one time connected AudioStream to a tablet?  If so, forget it on that tablet before you try to configure  it on your phone.

Also think about putting in fresh battery/batteries.

I find the audio quality of AudioStream to be far superior to AudioLink.  BUT only if AudioStream makes a great connection to my phone.  I had to go through the forget device and reconfigure AudioStream many times before it hit the sweet spot and stayed connected well.

29 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@SarahDunlap

By any chance had you at one time connected AudioStream to a tablet?  If so, forget it on that tablet before you try to configure  it on your phone.

I find the audio quality of AudioStream to be far superior to AudioLink.  BUT only if AudioStream makes a great connection to my phone.  I had to go through the forget device and reconfigure AudioStream many times before it hit the sweet spot and stayed connected well.

Me too! Too much sliding imo.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

Unfortunately I do not think the longer lasting rechargeable battery is going to solve this AudioStream issue.  Brand new power one implant plus batteries and AudioStream have the same issue.  And I agree, the extra turning the Sonnets/Sonnet2s on and off due to AudioStream disconnects puts too much strain on the processors.  And the AudioStreams are only under warranty in the US for 2 years.  

It might be phone specific, but I don't really have any issues with the AudioStream connection. I don't use it all the time because the size is too much for my ears, but when I switch the cover from regular to AudioStream it will almost always connect to my phone right away without any hassle. I've only had to do the pairing process a handful of times in over a year time span.

As for the effect on the battery life, I can't really comment on it. I don't use it enough anymore to estimate the effect on the battery.

I was referring to the ( now considered) middle sized battery with the little wifi signal) could be phone issue....i really dont like the audio link connection at this point for group settings as ive not practised nor need, so dual streaming music is my main rehab.

Yesterday all day only had audiostream disconnects but tapping a few things reconnected...so im pretty sure its my phone connection.

This morning the routine was pretty quick, im happy to be hearing!

Anyone recommend a good "smart" tv?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Enegra

From what I’ve read from AudioStream users, 

android phones- great connectivity but reduced volume (can be solved by running a volume booster app in the background on the phone)

iphones- tricky to get it configured/connected for great connectivity but once it hits the sweet spot it stays connected well

@Mary Beth I think the reduced volume is an issue only on certain phones. It is pretty loud on my phone and my spouse's - I never run it at max volume for that reason. Generally my volume slider is below halfway and it still is pretty audible, not just ambient volume.

E: The phones I have tried are OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 7T Pro. Both work flawlessly (unless some screams along the lines of "NOOO, QUIT HOGGING MY SPOTIFY" coming from the 7T Pro owner count as a flaw 🤣).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@SarahDunlap

Hey I did switch out the battery type but still no luck. I also haven't  connected audiostream to anything other than my phone.

I don't mind keeping it connected to Audiolink bc audiostream  is also too big for my ear. I didn't realize that could tax the processor but I'm glad I know now. So long as I can get some sound, more than a phone call, straight to my ear, I'm good. A little ghetto set up strung up from my IPhone but it's a solid connection.

• HearPeers Heroes

@SarahDunlap

Everyone’s preferences for connectivity and tech varies.  I use the Artone BT neckloop to stream wirelessly to my Sonnets.  I like its range (can walk away from my phone and keep streaming fine), hands free operation (pause audio, answer calls, change volume, etc all on the tiny neckloop), and also how it easily connects to many BT devices and stays connected.  It does not tax the Sonnet batteries nor require restarting the Sonnets.  I wear it under my shirt.

Just need to be in MT (50/50 mix) or T (streamed audio only).

Here is a captioned review of Artone.

Purchasing on Amazon or Diglo allows easy returns in the return period and free shipping option.

Purchasing from Med-El US provides an easy 2 year warranty but no ability to return for a refund and the price is higher plus shipping.

On 9/4/2022 at 3:33 PM, Mary Beth said:

@SarahDunlap

Me too funny 😄 yesterday i wore audiostream and ha all day. The only disconnect was ha and was back up quick. This morning just got up put everything back on and together and they all hooked up without my help! 

Good days and bad days, just weird