Not a fan of the recent changes to the forum

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Recently several things have changed on the forum and I am not a fan.

1). We used to be able to select various reactions to a post… like, thank you, sad, etc.  Now only like shows up as an option.

2). There is a noticeable delay when submitting a reply and many times we have to hit submit more than once.

3). If responding to the same post with more than one response, it refuses to post the second comment until a certain amount of time has passed.

4). Adding pics to a HP mail message no longer works.

5). Receiving an email and asking us to mark a post as answered is not appropriate for the style of this forum.

6). The entire forum is acting sluggish.

I am definitely not liking these changes to the forum.

@MED-EL Moderator

Hi @Mary Beth, thanks for your post. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the forum. We will look into the mentioned points with our developers and our service provider to get this sorted out as soon as possible.

Kind regards, Barbara 

Hi @Mary Beth there have been some technical & security updates in the background recently that might have caused some of the issues. We will check how to get it back to normal asap 🙂  

Kind regards, Barbara 

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

The way the forum is working now is very frustrating.

Now when we have a HP mail message we can not add anyone new to the group.  It lets us click add and type in and select the member’s name but after we click on invite we get this error message every time.

Very frustrating.  I hope they fix all these new issues on the forum very soon.  They are a turn off for sure.

7B80E038-6B50-4615-8C24-6B1FD885B3C7.png

Getting annoyed when trying to click the Quote link to quote a post within a thread, it keeps taking me to the top of the page yet the reply box is at the bottom of a thread.  The logic is lost on me.

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

Is there a time estimate on when all these issues with the forum will be fixed?  It’s been a problem already for several weeks.  People are getting frustrated.

Dear Mary Beth, thanks for your message and your feedback. We are currently working hard on finding what is causing the issues on our forum and will fix it as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Gordana

Hi @Mary Beth

we are one step further in resolving the issues:

Receiving an email and asking us to mark a post as answered is not appropriate for the style of this forum.

This has been resolved and fixed in an update we just did. Please let us know, in case this issue reoccurs. 

Kind regards,

Barbara 

I’ve recently had to repeatedly sign in. Not sure what changed for me. If I leave the page for any amount of time or open a new window and leave this one sitting, same thing. I did get a new phone recently but not sure if that should have impacted this. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

Hoping that the ability to add members to a HP mail group feature will be restored before our Dec HP GoogleMeet.  Any idea on a timeline for that yet?

Hi @Mary Beth I can't give you an exact timeline - but tests look promising that by the end of next week everything should be back to normal. We are very sorry for the inconveniences.  

Kind regards,

Barbara 

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you @MED-EL Moderator!

The other reactions are back (thanks, haha, sad…) and we can add new people to group HP mail again!!

thank you!

• Like 1

Hi @Mary Beth we've found the source of the issue. So everything should work fine now. It's great to see that you've noticed it already 🙂 

Please let us know, if any issues pop up again.

Kind regards,

Barbara