AudioLink : Increase/Decrease volume button stop working

Jimit

Hi There,

I was using Audio link from couple of months now and enjoying it. This morning I found the Increase/Decrease volumn button is stop responding. I found it faulty from start as it normally just play a bip sound when pressed but the volume stay the same. This morning it stopped even playing the bip sound.

Is this normal behaviour or just a faulty device? 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jimit

Have you tried resetting your AudioLink by removing its battery, waiting a moment and then putting it back in?

One time i had this issue while attempting to use audio link with ci and ha but i dont use the volume control on unit, i use my medel remote while watching tv, or audiokey2 when using audiolink in a room.

Ive not attended a speech or lecture yet.

I was supposed to attend a medel ci group yesterday but a storm developed and i stayed home 😢 

We went from several days of 70s weather then woke up today to temp of 24 f!!!!!

Thanks @Dianna, That make sense. :) I too hardly use the volume button on the audio key but while watching TV or hearing music on phone, it's really handy to reduce the sound through those keys on audio link.

I couldn't find any way I can change the sound using audio key 2 app while we are streaming from audio link. Let me know if It can be possible and how. And let me try model remote if that works with TV. is there any way we can switch to CI from audioLink using medEL remote while watching TV? Currently during the advertisement break I need to change the audio out mode of TV to switch my to CI mode from audio link. 😛

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jimit

One of the features of AudioLink that makes it inconvenient is that we have to walk back over to the AudioLink when it is connected to the TV in order to change its volume, mute it or adjust its mix ratio.  So someone who wishes to mute the TV during commercials in order to better hear their family in the room has to repeatedly return to the AudioLink.

The Artone neckloop has the ability to mute and adjust audio without  a need to return to the Artone TVB.  

Here is how that is done with the Artone TVB/Artone neckloop set up:

VOLUME

We can change the volume while we are on MT (mix) or T (TVB only) two ways. Our change in volume does not alter the volume of the TV for family/friends. It is our own personalized volume!

1) Use the volume up/down controls on the Artone neckloop.

2) Use our Fine Tuner volume controls.  (Remember to reset yourself later if you choose this option.)

MUTE

The mute function of the actual television WILL NOT mute sound through the TVB/neckloop set up. (So we can actually hear the TV perfectly fine while it is on MUTE for others.)  The pause button on the neckloop WILL NOT pause or mute sound through the TVB/neckloop set up.  BUT we do have three ways to mute sound while using the TVB/neckloop set up.

1) Use the FineTuner to return to M

2) Take off the neckloop

3) Pause the TV

Hi jimit, while watching tv, when the audiolink lights are on i cannot use audiokey2 app, only the medel remote. I can switch programs and volume.

So when watching tv in room with others i have medel remote in hand.

I tend to record tv shows and watch to fast forward thru commercials. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

@Jimit

I believe the FineTuner Echo has a button that will stop the streaming which would mute the AudioLink TV audio.  Try it and see if it works like a mute button.

F099F926-410C-45D4-A12A-6006637E97BA.jpeg

3134A251-AA0C-4CE6-9C41-B409B8FB18F6.jpeg

@Mary Beth Thanks it worked 😀😀

Pity that my Audiologist told me I can replace all functionality of this tuner with audio key 2 app so I haven't even get the tuner out of the box.

Today when I opened it I found the battery is dead so have to buy a new battery but it's worth it 😛

Now that I have the tuner to handle the streaming sound, I don't need those buttons of audio link. 😛

• Like 2

@Dianna yeah that's the problem with audio key 2 app that we can't connect to processor when audio link is on. And fine tuner is the key here.

Thanks again for suggesting it. This is exactly what I was looking for. 🙏

• Like 2

Hi jimit, agreed its a pain so i just keep my fine tuner

echo remote always because sometime audio key app is not reachable. I loved my fine tuner echo in my pocket when first activated for emergency volume downs.

Basically its because when paired up to audiolink, the audiokey app is disconnected.

In one year ive used three batteries in fine tuner echo.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jimit

I am glad that streaming/not streaming button on the FineTuner Echo solved your issue.  

@Dianna

Yes the FineTuner Echo battery does not last very long.  Probably best to always have back up batteries around.

@MED-EL Moderator

It would be helpful to have additional features in the AudioKey2 remote app like : mixing ratio, muting the streamed audio.  And it would be helpful to be able to use the app as a remote while using the AudioLink.