So many Med-El items start with AUDIO- it gets confusing

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Yet again users are asking for help understanding all the different Med-El items that begin with the word AUDIO.  It really is very confusing for many.  It would be so helpful if the items were named in a way that distinguishes them from each other.  Please consider this going forward @MED-EL Moderator.  There are so many frustrated users.

So in an attempt to help, here is a brief description of the various AUDIO items.  Feel free to add more if I have missed any.

AudioKey2 is the updated version of the Med-El app that includes remote, configuring AudioStream, find my processor, etc.  AudioKey1 is obsolete.  This app communicates directly with Sonnet2 and Rondo3.  If Sonnet1 users want to use it, it must go through AudioLink.

Audio2Ear is the Med-El app that converts all audio on phones that is not an actual phone call to a protocol that can stream to AudioLink without needing to use a cable.

AudioLink is the Med-El intermediary device that can stream to Sonnet/Sonnet2/Rondo3 from TV, computer, phone, tablet and it also is a remote mic.

AudioStream is the direct BTLE streaming battery cover for Sonnet/Sonnet2 for direct streaming of all audio from only phones and tablets.

Hello @Mary Beth,

thank you very much for your post and the detailed explanation, we're sure it will be very helpful for other users. 

We've shared your feedback regarding our naming with our product experts and the responsible teams.

Kind Regards,

Giulia

• Like 2

It’d be great to somehow merge Audio2Ear into AudioKey2.  Slim down some things in the AudioKey2 app which can be replaced with Audio2Ear stuff.  

• HearPeers Heroes

@John F

It would be great not to need the Audio2Ear converter.  Lol. 

Stream all audio from phones like AudioStream (but with user controlled mixing ratios).

• Like 2

Thanks Mary Beth. And for further reference for the @MED-EL Moderator : I had put these apps on my phone to discuss with my audio. She was uncertain about the Audio2Ear, and told me it was “probably something that’s obsolete now - just delete it.” So there’s obviously lots of education needed!

• 1 month later...

Have RONDO and using audio link for calls. Have it connected and can make a call and hear it through my rondo via audio link but when someone calls me the sound is coming from phone not through audio link to rondo 

have reconnected and did everything I know to trouble shoot and I’m still hearing the ringtone out of my phone not through audio link to rondo

any suggestions? 

Android.  Should have included that in my initial post, sorry!

also want to mention again it works perfect when I call people and goes right through the audio link to rondo3 but when they call me it switches back to phone but still is showing blue on Audiolink that I am still connected even though the ringtone sound is coming from phone at that point. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kate7777

Under BT, select AudioLink, settings and see if phone audio has a checkmark

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kate7777

are you answering the call on the audiolink by briefly pressing the main button?