Charging Woes

Lauren

The mini battery pack has been a life saver. I’m still having charging woes and wish the Rondo 3 was easier to ensure a full charge. 

My new right one didn’t get to a full charge overnight and died 20 minutes into use. I did check and ensure both were charging before going to bed, but just the right one didn’t get charged. Currently wearing it with the mini battery pack and it’s keeping it powered while wearing. 

Any tricks I could try? I’ve not found something that works perfectly yet. My left Rondo was replaced just before my surgery a few weeks back and the right one is new. Not sure if using the on the go charging cable wore the battery out faster or not, so unsure. 

Welp. Spoke too soon. Apparently charging up from 0 doesn’t work while wearing, for me at least, as the mini battery pack doesn’t supply enough power quickly enough. It died again after two ish hours, no warning beeps or anything just up and died. Wireless Qi to the rescue and after 30 minutes of charging it’s up to 16%/2 hours of use. At least it charges fast!

@MED-EL Moderator any suggestions? Thank you in advanced. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

Something must be wrong with your Rondo3.  I would get in touch with your customer service rep and have it replaced under warranty.

@Mary Beth I reached out for some tips and will try those first. I’m pretty sure that the one processor got bumped somehow, why only one of them is anyone’s guess. 

I’ve had the worst day today! Had to MacGyver one of the magnets back in as the other pulled it out somehow! Both were locked in. wasn’t expecting to have to put a magnet in so of course my tool is at home. But in a pinch the ends of paperclips is small enough to fit into the little slots and the metal is strong enough to rotate the magnet back into locking position. 

Hi @Lauren, thanks for tagging us.  

We strongly recommend getting your device checked by your local MED-EL representative as they are best placed to support you. They can take a closer look at your audio processor and check if there is an issue with the battery.  They can also check if the housing of your audio processor is fine - a magnet falling off by itself when it is locked is very unusual.

You can find a MED-EL representative near you via our website https://www.medel.com/en-us/clinic-finder

Or reach out to the MED-EL US team via e-mail at audiology.us@medel.com or phone 888-633-3524.  

If you have any further questions, you can send us a private message here in the forum at any time. 

Kind regards,

Barbara 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

Rondo3 has a special o-ring in the magnet area.  If that o-ring is missing or damaged, the magnet will not be secure.  Maybe your audiologist can check to be sure the o-ring is fine.