Rondo 3 Battery

Ricky W

How long does the Rondo 3 Battery last fully charged. Would I be able to trust wearing it to work without it dying since you cannot change the battery?

• Members

The best data is probably Mary Beth's poll of Rondo 3 users.

The respondents all fall in the 13 -21 hour range. Med-El quotes "up to 24 hour" battery life.  I tried pressing my Med-El reps on the battery life and they said the short ranges on battery life were like due to a lot of streaming use.  Skin flap thickness is another important driver and is hard to assess in advance.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

A lot of Rondo 3 users do not get anywhere near 24 hours of battery life even without streaming.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

There are really two things to consider in my opinion.

1) How many hours of battery life will you get with Rondo 3?  It seems to vary quite a bit even without streaming.

2) What happens if the Rondo 3 does not charge correctly overnight?  Several users have reported this experience.

I would probably only feel safe if I had a backup way of powering Rondo 3 in case the battery died at an inconvenient time.  The mini battery pack is an option as well as the charging cable with a power pack.

I have been charting my usage daily since February 2022. My daily average for eleven months of 2022 is 17 hours and 23 minutes: I run the Audiokey 2 app all the time and Audio2Ear about 50% of the time. 

@Ricky W: I charge my battery nightly on the Aircharge plate. Occasionally this does not work correctly and I have run out during the day. However if you connect one end of the charging cable to your Rondo and the other end to a power bank you can continue to work  as the Rondo keeps functioning. It may not be ideal but it does work. I simply put the power bank in my pocket. You might like to consider taking the charging cable and a power bank to work while you become confident that a fully charged battery will last long enough.

• 2 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@Andrew42

In your Rondo 3 battery life chart have you noticed if after the first year the battery is still lasting as long as originally or is it declining in comparison to the beginning?

On 1/16/2023 at 10:17 PM, Andrew42 said:

@Ricky W: I charge my battery nightly on the Aircharge plate. Occasionally this does not work correctly and I have run out during the day. However if you connect one end of the charging cable to your Rondo and the other end to a power bank you can continue to work  as the Rondo keeps functioning. It may not be ideal but it does work. I simply put the power bank in my pocket. You might like to consider taking the charging cable and a power bank to work while you become confident that a fully charged battery will last long enough.

I have Rondo 2 for almost 4 years, i usually charge overnight on the aircharge. Also i got extra 5w charging pads(another brand) at the office  which work with my Rondo 2 and i do charge for 15-20mins to give me another 1+ hour battery juice if i dont it will die by 13-13.5 hrs, let say i wear my rondo 2 by 9am and by 10:30pm Rondo 2 battery run out so this is why i keep extra pads at the office. Also i have two wireless power banks since Rondo 2 doesnt charge by cable like Rondo 3, power bank really help me everywhere wherever m travelling. I got this small keychain size powerbank which is made for Samsung smart watch but also work wit my Rondo 2 usually i keep it in my car as a backup.

A little over a year with the Rondo 3 and consistently get 20 hours of battery life as tested about a dozen times due to my lousy sleep habits. I do carry a charge cable and power bank if I am going to be away from the house for any length of time. The power bank quickly recharges my Rondo even while I'm wearing it.

• Like 2

Mine consistently lasts longer than I do in a day. The only times it has died during the day is when I failed to get it oriented on the charger pad to make it happy. I will put a rubber band on my pad from now on. Easy assurance that it won't get bumped off in the night.