About Rondo 2 and Rondo 3

Valentin

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi there, 

With little time to spend here these months.... But I continue reading.

Guys, It is time to upgrade my processor, and my health agency offer me Rondo 2. I have the option for Fondo 3, but I must to cover the price difference between 2 and 3. Is there a VS thread about both. Price, usability, features, battery life, streaming options (similar to my Rondo,  and yes day by day behavior with users,

Other possibility is Sonet, but really, I'm confortable with Rondo, I read here and in other forums an social media cable/coil issues, and I prefer to continue with one piece processor.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

If you are happy with Rondo 1 then Rondo 2 will sound very similar as they both use Automatic Sound Management 1.

Rondo 2 also has a built in telecoil so if you use telecoil with Rondo 1, telecoil use will be the same with Rondo 2.

Users here are consistently reporting longer battery life with Rondo 2 than Rondo 3.

If you want to try ASM 3 and its adaptive intelligence features or try using the AudioKey2 phone app as a remote or try Med-El’s AudioLink intermediary device…. then Rondo 3 offers those.

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Sincerely I want someone with less issues. 🙂

Anyway, Med El has not yet called me to tell me the conditions and what is the difference in price, so I will have to wait.

• HearPeers Heroes

At the beginning o Rondo 2, some users comment about some issues, I think was solved. One thing that concerns me is the reduction of the battery in Rondo 3 on account of not having the integrated coil, The attachment system was a bit flimsy and broke easily Howeber, I'm continue waiting for call.

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Really it is difficult to decide between one or other. Rondo 3 have more advanced features like mobile control, audio quality, but Rondo 2 have Telecoil integrated abd better battery performance. I use Artone 3 frequently, and With Rondo 3 I read about an intermediate device to use it and ticky sound.

Complex, really complex decision.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

Rondo 3 can use the intermediary device called AudioLink and no ticking sound or flight mode needed.  @Jimit and @Andrew42 have experience with Rondo 3 and the AudioLink.

@Valentin streaming with Rondo 3 is currently limited to using the AudioLink (unless willing to deal with the telecoil adapter). I have AudioLink bases cabled into two TVs and predominantly stream from TV. It’s nice because the AudioLink lets users get audio at 50/50 or 100/0 (with or without background noise). For streaming over Bluetooth from phone or tablet, users need Audio2Ear app that has a toggle to allow streaming. Without Audio2Ear the AudioLink Bluetooth protocol will only pick up phone calls. Alternatively, the base can be plugged into any device that has a headphone jack. The kit comes with some options, but not many. Some might need adapters if there’s no compatible plug in. 

Not sure how many use Rondo 3/AudioLink with TVs but I do  :)

The intermediary device that causes the ticking is the telecoil adapter. Unsure what MED-EL is working on in terms of that. I received my first kit June 2021 and second kit November 2022 and both included telecoil adapters and both Rondo 3s experience the ticking sound. It’s easy to lose count getting the Rondo 3 into flight mode so I don’t bother with it. AudioLink for now since it’s the easiest option, thought the range is limited and it’s susceptible to interference should I turn my head or a cat jumps up to yell directly at my face for a perceived slight (head shadow or cat body shadow). 

@Valentin, as Mary Beth indicated, I use Audiolink and Audio2Ear with my Rondo 3. I am not a great enthusiast of either because the technology is way behind the times. Everything that Audiolink  and Audio2Ear do was handled better and more easily with the hearing aids I had prior to my implant.

Med-El must be aware of this deficiency but seem in no hurry to correct it.

@Lauren indicated that she streams TV to her Rondo via the audiolink base. I cannot even do that because the base does not accept digital input and my TV and Box do not use analog any more.

For TV with my hearing aids I had to use a base similar to the Audiolink  base but one that accepted a digital signal. In fact Cochlear use exactly that base , (Resound). Why Medel found the need to go out and design a less sophisticated solution is something only they know.

• HearPeers Heroes

Tanks for sharing  your comments  and points of view.

• 1 month later...