New Bilateral AudioStreams

Lauren

I’m finally trying to get my AudioStreams set up for bilateral steaming and not sure if it’s because of only needing to set up my right side or something else, but both are currently appearing in Accessibility (using iPhone) as Lefties so currently it’s only letting me select one. 

I’ve gone through and “forgotten” both Sonnets in BlueTooth and whichever one was connected in Accessibility and still only getting one option. 

14BC488A-F78B-4105-A855-D5E40CE07588.thumb.jpeg.25581a9c91dd0f907929e2fca82da5ec.jpeg

Both Sonnets are connected in AudioKey2 and correctly show as L and R so it’s just the AudioStreams having issues. Everything’s current and up to date firmware wise. 

I tried signing up for a 1:1 but the good slots are all gone, no desire to have a 5:30am meeting on a workday. I did email my region’s rep so will share what they say when they’re able to respond. 

Med-El reps helped get me configured correctly, just had to start totally from scratch. However still only able to connect one side only for streaming. 

When neither are connected:

B2841EAF-4694-4C1D-BFD9-771AFE19767A.thumb.jpeg.59ab463f79c545269d4078f7baa9eede.jpeg

After pairing one side, the other disappears:

F029BCF5-E4F6-4D11-AABE-D1C19840B651.thumb.jpeg.1734962dc952e4e069851d7e26d20303.jpeg

Streaming works, for the right side but not getting anything bilaterally yet. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

follow this link and look at the picture.  On iPhones when two AudioStreams are configured correctly they show up as L+R in one spot- not separately as two different devices

@Mary Beth Thank you- I’ll revisit the configuration. I’ll check that the new right one is updated in firmware too as I am only certain about the left as I updated it myself when the firmware was released. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

By the way AudioStreams default as named LEFT which is completely separate from AudioKey2 recognizing your Left and Right Sonnet 2s.  That is why originally they both said Left.

When AudioKey2 configures them as BILATERAL (we select bilateral in the configuration steps) then they show up as a pair R+L .

Sigh. My phone currently isn’t recognizing the right audio stream at all. Trying to re-do configuration and this time instead of getting a never ending “configuration failed” pop-up it’s saying there’s no audiostream available. 

No problems with left side, but regardless of adding them bilaterally or cancelling and trying right side only it’s just not working currently. Maybe I’m missing some other step still?

EFAB9E31-9E48-4A34-98B8-D3DEA99DA562.thumb.png.31762c86308d159899c88630ef08704e.png617C2C13-4815-4DEA-B24E-FF30004A0990.thumb.png.2d443a4533770e8cfe4d57f51f1b200c.png

Left side connects automatically doing it alone or starting out with it in bilateral configuration. Each time I try I remove it from Bluetooth just in case that’s interfering with it (per instructions too). 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

This is the most frustrating part of AudioStream to me and I mention it in the above link.  Repeatedly doing the same steps in the same location the same way and one time I just hit a sweet spot and they connected strongly and worked great.  But what exactly made that happen that time?  No idea.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

Sorry this is happening on a Friday.  Maybe you can contact Med-El US and ask for assistance?  They have audiologists who are available to help us when needed.

Hello @Lauren,

did you get in touch already with your local MED-EL team? 

According to our products, it seems like AudioStreams have been configured not as a pair via the AudioKey 2. You should ensure that both left and right sides are selected for configuring during the configuration.

Please let us or your local MED-EL know whether there are still issues, thank you. 

Kind Regards,

Giulia

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2023 at 2:20 PM, Mary Beth said:

@Lauren

This is the most frustrating part of AudioStream to me and I mention it in the above link.  Repeatedly doing the same steps in the same location the same way and one time I just hit a sweet spot and they connected strongly and worked great.  But what exactly made that happen that time?  No idea.

This morning i started up my new phone...samsung 23 ultra. It made left hearing device audiostream right is ha.

I opened spotify and both were streaming!!!!

Later, after messing with audiolink (both worked)

Went back and i could not pair both audiostream and ha at the same time again! 

Might be phone set up for left and right?

Also, i dont have left and right but a prompt comes up to name audiostream when i update it, i name it di and never see it anywhere

Just making ideas. If i can stream to both sides....hey isnt mary bimodal?