Cochlear Nucleus 5 - audio of smartphone

Diogo

I'm using a Cochlear Nucleus 5 (cochlear implant) for half a year now and I've been struggling to have great audio quality at my phone calls.
My wish would be to connect the smartphone to the Nucleus 5 wirelessly the same way the 3.5mm jack would do. I've been searching online but I've not found a great solution yet. I've read about telecoil but, as far as I've read, my smartphone is M3T3 and I therefore would have good telecoil but I only can listen to my phone on calls by directing the phone's speaker to my Nucleus 5 microfone (I think the telecoil system isn't working here, right?)

Summary: For the ones having a cochlear implant, how do you use it with your smartphone? Is there any great wireless way of connecting the smartphone to the cochlear implant for answering calls and (maybe listening to music)?

Thank you all in advance :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Diogo,

This is a Med-El Forum so you may not find much help here with your N5 processor question.  Since the different CI brands have different ways of working with phones, you may have better luck asking this question on a Cochlear board.

For Med-El Sonnet users, we have a DAI cable that allows us to plug into phone headset jacks and directly attach to our processors.  We also have telecoil.  We can use the telecoil directly or through Bluetooth neckloops.  We can also use the Roger System.  Some users love using over the ear noise canceling Bluetooth headphones as well.  Then there are those of us who just stay on M and hold the phone over our processor mics.  Lots of options.

For those in the US who are having difficulty hearing on the phone, there is a free service called InnoCaption that will caption the incoming voice and allow you to speak for yourself.

Best of luck.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello and welcome. Have you used a telephone training program to help you with using the phone more effortlessly? It's actually done by Cochlear. http://www.cochlear.com/wps/wcm/connect/us/communication-corner/program/adult-telephone.htm. This program helped me to use the phone so I dint have to connect to anything. I use the phone one regular mic setting and no telelcoil best of luck. Hope this helps. Kara ?

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to hearpeers

im sure there is a solution to your issues. As Mary Beth mentioned a majority of the user on this forum are Medel recipients.

I assume you have a customer service rep you can reach out to. Sorry I can't be of more help