Some MAC computers will directly connect with MFi hearing devices

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes it will.  There’s a list that goes along with the announcement of which hearing devices will be able to connect.

Edit:  Have to dig through history in a bit but it’s someplace.  Just need to figure out where I saw it but definitely included MedEl AudioStream.

• HearPeers Heroes

@John F

Please share the link when you find it.

Hello Mary Beth, thanks for your question. 
Whenever the MFi connectivity capability is activated in Macbooks, AudioStream will be able to connect to it too.

Kind regards,
Gordana

Interesting. Thank you for sharing! I need to try this out asap lol. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

Apple has not released it yet.  I checked our iMac and it doesn’t have the correct drive for this feature

Ah I misread the iOS version. I’m currently looking into my Mac’s info to see if it makes the cut. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

I hope your MAC meets the requirements so when it is released you can tell me how it works!  😂 

@Mary Beth as far as I can tell it’s an M1 chip but does have Ventura so I guess my odds are an even 50-50. Fingers and toes remain crossed. 

I've seen a speculation that the feature will come in macOS 14. It is expected to be announced in a keynote at WWDC23, June 5th. Only Apple silicon Mac are going to support the MFi feature, and it is yet unknown which M1 devices are going to make the cut.