Newer smart TV - many have an accessibility feature to stream BT and keep the speakers on

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

If you use any BT receiver like headphones or the Artone 3 MAX, check your smart tv for a direct streaming option.

@Joan is using that set up now.  Do you notice any audio delay when you have the speakers on while using the Artone on MT Joan?

image.thumb.png.2806119a8a992ae43fbc3bad0680af23.png

@Mary Beth I’m still fiddling with it. One thing I’ve discovered though is if the tv is muted, the sound to the Artone also mutes. However if the tv volume is lowered to the minimum level without going to mute, the volume on the Artone is still adjustable.  I don’t notice any audio delay, other than the initial brief lag when the Artone is first turned on. The sound transmits to the Artone throughout my (small) apartment and my deck.

• HearPeers Heroes

That is terrific @Joan

With your new TV that offers BT + speaker as an accessibility option there is no need for the Artone TVB/BT transmitter.

Before the BT + speaker accessibility feature was available anyone who wanted to stream TV but also have audio through the speaker for others to hear the TV had to use a BT transmitter.

We are benefiting from regular tech (like phones and TVs) expanding their accessibility features which is very exciting.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joan shared this captioned video of setting up her BT Artone with her TV.

To get the feature of BT Artone + TV speaker so others on the room can hear, we need to choose MULTIPLE SPEAKERS from the option list.

@Mary Beth
Discovered another plus….the BT Artone neck loop will connect to two devices simultaneously! Mine is paired to both my new tv and my cellphone.  I can listen to tv and when a call comes in, the tv sound “automatically” mutes and the Artone switches to the cellphone call. When the call is disconnected, the tv sound resumes. It’s seamless…and, for me, a very happy discovery!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joan

I am so glad your Artone is working so well directly connected to your BT TV which has a BT + TV speaker option as well.