Free online presentation about music by a Canadian Med-El rep

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Ah wish I could. My work day will be just starting though so I won’t be able to. Hoping someone can share interesting highlights here after. 

• Members

I signed up but will only be able to attend for about 40 minutes before I need to run to a meeting. 

I'm looking forward to it and thanks for sharing @Mary Beth

As one of my rehab practices I use Spotify with a playlist of all the  CDs I collected over the years.

Saw that and am interested. I'd sign up but very slim chance I can free up that time at work to participate. Looks great I hope you enjoy 

• Members

Not a full recap as I was also doing work stuff at the same time.   Perhaps others can add more to the recap.

1. Included discussion about the benefits of the long electrode for music appreciation. 
  2. They videos from the music fest that Med-El did.  Very impressive.
  3. Talked about how music can be a great rehab exercise

My favorite part was hearing about the spotify playlists that Med-El's "Musicologist" prepared.  Here is a link to that information.

https://blog.medel.com/tips-tricks/tips-tricks-for-adults/music-for-cochlear-implant-users-med-els-spotify-playlists/

I "favorited" the Med-El playlists so I can access them easily from spotify. 

I will give them a try but I liked what I did.

1. Make a "master playlist" of all my old CDs (around 500?),
  2. stream them to my CI and "favorite" the songs that I could appreciate or get via my CI. 
  3. Over time I ended up with about 50 songs then that I'm slowly adding to. Usually very popular/familiar songs, often with strong beats or distinctive elements.  
  4. I play those a lot and they keep getting more familiar and comfortable.

There were some interesting questions. 

Someone asked about Audiologists emphasizing music in their testing as compared to speech elements.  Seems like that might be as much a regulatory/insurance issue as it is a technology or practice issue.

Another person asked about getting Meludia subscriptions in the US and Canada the way that it is in other countries.  They said we could use the free trial before signing up for a monthly subscription.