It’s a wonderful listening day!

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Layers and layers of beautiful sounds!  I love my CIs!  Thank you     @MED-EL Moderatorand thanks to the wonderful MAPs created by my awesome audiologist New York Eye & Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai!

Driving with the windows down, singing along to songs on the radio while also hearing the navigation directions!  I LOVE sounds!

• HearPeers Heroes

I had a wonderful listening day this week too! I haven't had a real wow moment for ages.

I recently returned to having singing lessons for the first time in years. I have always sung in choirs but this year felt confident enough to try solo singing again. Something I haven't done since getting my CI. I was always most nervous of hearing the sound of my own voice through the CI. Early on I didn't like how it sounded and how it vibrated through my head when I sang. 

I've had few lessons and I now realise I had been holding back my sound, being nervous to really 'hit it' like I used to. But this week with an encouraging singing teacher, I really went for it and managed to produce my big soprano sound with lots of bright resonance. It sounded perfectly fine in my CI!! I was so happy I nearly cried.  Now I can't wait to keep doing it.

Yes congratulations 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 🎉🎉🎉🎉