Sonnet 2 not connecting anymore?

wooly

@Ralph34 ah ok I get it. Sorry I misunderstood earlier. Yes, when I use AudioKey2 for changing settings I never have to check in Accessibility or Bluetooth to see if it’s connected so unsure how that all works or what it is as well. It simply works; which I wish AudioStream would do 24/7/365. I can’t find any answer on Med-El’s website, or possibly am not looking in the right place (if it’s posted anywhere at all).

@Shane I’m sorry I can’t be of more help. I am unfortunately not knowledgeable on Android phones. My best advice is to go into AudioKey2, click in the upper left corner, click the gear logo at the bottom, then click send feedback. This will connect you with Med-El’s technical support via email. You can explain what issue you’re having and what you’ve tried so far and someone will get back to you. I have done this previously and their support was so helpful. 

IMG_8739.thumb.jpeg.5b1e74b06001fe30ab9e32322bb755d4.jpeg

Click send feedback to send Med-El tech support an email.

IMG_8740.thumb.jpeg.33791fae531c9ebdab6967480b6dcf5a.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

@Ralph34

Yes there is a built in receiver in both the Sonnet 2 and Rondo 3 which allows those processors to communicate with the AudioKey2 app as a remote.

The AudioStream uses BTLE for actually streaming audio.  

So you are correct.  There are two separate and different kinds of receivers.

Lauren I repeated numerous times these steps to no avail. Out of desperation I used the streaming battery cover for the Mac rechargeable batteries. Guess what it worked. I thank you for your patience in this . O wonder if the streaming cover for the rechargeables is faulty. Will make inquires. Thanks again

@Mary Beth
The strange thing is: in iPhone or iPad settings  both my Regular Bluetooth  and Accessibility- MFI  Bluetooth  say “ not connected”  Yet AKey2 says. “Connected” and it is. I can see and adjust settings  like volume.

AKey2 is using some kind of Bluetooth , but how or what? 

NOTE: This is on my old iPad and IPhone. I just got a new iPhone and AudioKey listening setting do not work  at all.( I’ll send more info after a few more experiments.)

After trying for two days to get AudioKey2 working on a new iPhone with no success I am convinced that these failures are due to the version of operating  system on the device. My old iPhone using OS 14.7.1 works  like a charm with both streaming and Listening Settings.  The new phone has OS 17.2.1 and streams phone and music fine but will not display Listening Settings (Volume and Sensitivity etc. ). 
Next,  I will get a new iPad and see if the same thing happens.

For those of you having connection problems, maybe it is not you, it is your device.

Further to my previous message, I picked up a new iPad and the Bluetooth connectivity works fine in both streaming and Listening Settings. So much for my theory that the device version or OS  was to blame. Both are OS version 17.2.

I must be doing something wrong on the iPhone. I think I can get it working with a few more retries if I don’t wear out the battery cover first .

Cheers Everyone

• Like 2

With help from Patrick Kamenschek at Med-el I have learned a lot. A couple of things to know when setting up Connection Options  or Listening Settings in AudioKey2.

1. Listening Settings and Connection Options are two separate things. Listening setting is to remotly adjust volume etc.  Connection Options is the connection for AudioStream only. Treat them as separate apps. Listening Settings uses Bluetooth Classic and Connection Options uses BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy). They each must be set-up individually.

2. If you look on your phone Setting under Settings - Bluetooth you should see something like  "Sonnet 2 .... Not Connected ". Confusing?? but in fact it is connected only when you have the Listening Settings page open (Volume, Sensitivity etc). As soon as you close that page it says "Not Connected".

I hope this helps. If you are having connection problems let me know. I think  I have it figured out now.

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you for sharing that @Ralph34

I took @Lauren's  advise and contacted AudioKey2 -Feedback and got quick reply to answer my questions. You can directly email them at  audiokey@medel.com

There will be an firmware update for AudioStream  in a couple of weeks to fix some minor issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I would really appreciate your advice, looking at the start of this run of conversations it seems on topic. I have a Sonnet 2, and like to adjust the settings between 1 and 2, reduce sensitivity in a cafe, and use T a lot. So I change using the fine tuner, or the app on my phone. I believe they are different types of connections, the app is BT, the fine tuner is some sort of internet - so I was told in a zoom call. I repeatedly loose connection with both. The processor has been replaced, as has the fine tuner - and it’s happened again! I’ve done all the switching on my off, logging in and out, changing batteries that I can think of.

could there be some sort of computer error in the programme of the Sonnet 2 ? It was ok for a few months but this is proving now a real nuisance - I’ve just e mailed MeDel again but they I think had no idea why it should happen 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jean

I have read something about the need to double click on the first fine tuner command after using the app as a remote to re-establish that connection but to be honest, due to the FineTuner Echo having such a short battery life most users are reporting that they just use the app to make changes.  Sorry you are experiencing issues.  If I find the post from Med-El about the double click when switching back to the FineTuner Echo I will tag you.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jean

i found this comment from Med-El about switching between the FineTuner Echo and the app as a remote

IMG_5630.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I also tried to get audio stream to Sonnet working on an iPad.  I first paired to the audio link app.  It worked and I could change settings but not stream.  I then went into Accessibility-> hearing devices and paired there and enabled streaming and it worked.  Good luck.

You do not need AudioLink with the iPad.  Can connect your AudioStream directly via the accessibility menu under hearing devices.  Open and close the case to put it into discovery mode.  Make sure BT is turned off on your other device(s).  Same with iPhone.