Audiolink & TV Set-Up

DarlaHS

I just received my brand new Rondo’s 3 and all the equipment to go with it. I was so excited to get the Audiolink to use with my TV and to listen to music. 
We are having an issue with setting up the Audiolink with our TV.   Our TV does not have rca output..  We only have a single optical digital audio output for audio.  Our digital optical audio output currently is feeding directly to the Bose sound bar.  The Bose does not have any outputs.  How do I go about hooking up the Audiolink which uses a stereo mini jack input given the tv I own having only a optical digital audio output 
I am disappointed that Med El has not taken into account that almost all new TVs in the US do not come with RCA outputs any longer and only have digital optical outputs for sound.  This is very limiting and creates more barriers for US users of Med El products.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@DarlaHS

yup.  Many people feel the same way.

There are small group Med-El Mondays that cover AudioLink but the quickest way to get help is probably scheduling a 1:1 free tech video meeting 

https://web.cvent.com/event/9f87401e-5bd8-4868-9e78-1fbba262e086/regProcessStep1

Many users just put the AudioLink near the TV speaker and use it as a remote mic.  Some people buy a converter.

3 hours ago, DarlaHS said:

I just received my brand new Rondo’s 3 and all the equipment to go with it. I was so excited to get the Audiolink to use with my TV and to listen to music. 
We are having an issue with setting up the Audiolink with our TV.   Our TV does not have rca output..  We only have a single optical digital audio output for audio.  Our digital optical audio output currently is feeding directly to the Bose sound bar.  The Bose does not have any outputs.  How do I go about hooking up the Audiolink which uses a stereo mini jack input given the tv I own having only a optical digital audio output 
I am disappointed that Med El has not taken into account that almost all new TVs in the US do not come with RCA outputs any longer and only have digital optical outputs for sound.  This is very limiting and creates more barriers for US users of Med El products.

As MB mentioned, you’d need a converter box but even then, it is iffy.  Or, just use it as a mic.  I gave up trying to make my AudioLink functional between the extreme static, line of sight requirement and having to buy more adapters just to get basic functions.  Frustrating but there will be an answer in the coming months so just be patient.

I found a jack in the back of the tv i have in my room and using for audio link. Lauren helped me.  I have also placed my audio link by the sound bar in our tv room to stream like a mic. I have no static until exactly 10 ft. Away. I can go downstairs and receive signal underneath the audio link.

I now hear very well in our tv room without any streaming, sometimes having to turn down my ci and ha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Brief followup here.

I use an AV receiver that sits in between my cable box and TV.  I have a headphone output that I feed into my Audiolink when I want to do a direct stream.   Since we use the AV receiver to switch between all video inputs, it would also be able to handle all the audio for those (Apple TV, Google Chrome Cast, Sony Playstation, etc.)  automatically. 

Not ideal as it still uses the problematic Audiolink connection and cuts out audio over the speakers so my wife would object! 

I wouldn't invest big $ again into an AV receiver at this point until it includes Auracast though.