Survey for hearing practice app team

Tim

• Members

@NathalieM @John Schulz @Mary Beth @pdk

Hello Everyone,

As discussed in yesterday's Google Meet, the open source hearing practice app by the computer science senior capstone team is moving forward. 

Here is the link for the survey and it should now work for easy access.  Everyone is welcome to respond.  (They didn't ask how long people have been "post-activation" or type of condition in order to help try to keep as far away from medical information. 
https://forms.gle/DFBQkxKcRAm4Ej689

They were hoping to collect information about app interest since their primary contact has just been limited to just me so far.

They have been roughing out a prototype.  Big push will start in January. They are working towards a March initial release.  In March, it won't be as comprehensive as the big apps but the idea is that it will be extensible as well.  

Techy details for those that care:

• Built upon the Godot 4.2 platform
  • Open Source and source code will be hosted on github
  • Will be designed for adding more exercises and features

• Like 3

Filled it out. I haven't used training apps (at least since I was six or so) so I don't have a reference point. What license will it be released under?

13 hours ago, Tim said:

@NathalieM @John Schulz @Mary Beth @pdk

Hello Everyone,

As discussed in yesterday's Google Meet, the open source hearing practice app by the computer science senior capstone team is moving forward. 

Here is the link for the survey and it should now work for easy access.  Everyone is welcome to respond.  (They didn't ask how long people have been "post-activation" or type of condition in order to help try to keep as far away from medical information. 
https://forms.gle/DFBQkxKcRAm4Ej689

They were hoping to collect information about app interest since their primary contact has just been limited to just me so far.

They have been roughing out a prototype.  Big push will start in January. They are working towards a March initial release.  In March, it won't be as comprehensive as the big apps but the idea is that it will be extensible as well.  

Techy details for those that care:

• Built upon the Godot 4.2 platform
  • Open Source and source code will be hosted on github
  • Will be designed for adding more exercises and features

Filled in survey. 

• Members

@pdk @John Schulz 
Thanks for the survey responses.
Some quick responses:

I think it is helpful for them to get diverse responses and you both bring great perspectives.

John - tech savvy, young, long-time user of CIs and developer for some of your own tools.  
PDK - tech savvy retiree that developed his own hearing practice app!  

As for which open source license will be used - good question.  I'm not sure.  The Godot engine has an MIT license but projects using it can have other licenses.

Again, thanks for your help.

• 2 months later...

Just saw this and filled it out.