Music quality with Audiostream

Evren

I'm not sure if this was discussed before but how do you find the quality of music with Audiostream, compared to over the headphones like Bose or Beats?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Evren

I LOVE the sound quality of music with AudioStream.  However not having user control over the mix ratio is frustrating when listening in noisy environments.

I also love the sound quality of music with BOSE QC35 around the ear headphones and appreciate the noise dampening feature and the ability to control the music without touching the phone.

@Mary Beth do you mean AudioStream doesn't have any kind of noise cancelling ability? Even my old hearing aids had one. Sad news. 

Is there any sound threshold just like Artone? I can't pump up the volume with that and even if I could, the sound becomes muffy and distorted. That's why I don't like Artone at all.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Evren

AudioStream is solely a BTLE receiver.

It attaches to Sonnet/Sonnet2 processors.  The Sonnet/Sonnet2 has automatic sound management.

Sound management differs from mixing ratios though. Mixing ratios allow users to control the volume of the streamed sound and volume of the processor mics picking up sounds in the environment separately.  A 100/0 mix would deliver solely the streamed audio and block out all environmental sounds

I do not use the Artone for music streaming- only for audiobooks, podcasts, phone calls.  It has a volume control which allows us to increase and to decrease the volume. With my iPhone, the Artone can be increased to a very loud volume.  Sometimes phones have limitations for hearing protection turned on.  My Artones are all very loud and I actually set the volume on my phone to almost its lowest setting.

Oh, my mistake I meant AudioLink not AudioStream. Medel's choice of names are so confusing. :) Didn't even know there's a 2nd device for BTE processors. Maybe you can move the topic but my question will be still valid since you were talking about AudioStream @Mary Beth :D 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Evren I strongly agree that the way Med-El names its devices confuses people.  Having them all begin with the word AUDIO just is way too confusing for people.

I started a new topic in the AudioLink folder and tagged you there.