March 2024 HearPeers GoogleMeet hosted by Mary Beth for Med-El CI users, their families and people considering a Med-El CI

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Great chat today and very nice to meet the three first timers!

Nineteen HearPeers members participated.

Yes it is  weird. First of all Google Meet said I had no camera, then it refused me entry. I used the link you sent me. I even tried with my laptop camera as opposed to me external one. Both of those cameras are working.

No I do not use Google Meet with anyone else and when I try to test Google Meet it requires me to identify  the meeting I would like to join which is no help at all as I am merely trying to find out if I can use Google Meet.

I have been able to join so many of the monthly sessions without a problem; so I am really confused.

I always have the nuclear option of wiping my hard drive and doing a complete reinstallation but that is five+ hours of work!!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Andrew42

GoogleMeet allows anyone to start a video chat under one hour in length.  Maybe try starting a free GoogleMeet with a friend and see how it goes.  I have not changed anything about how I host the meetings, so I am not sure why you can no longer join in.  I hope you figure it out.

What a simple and brilliant idea! My son lives one floor below. I will use him as a guinea pig!

@Mary Beth. Please do not concern yourself. The problem is entirely my end. My laptop is old but a professional level, but so old as not to be capable of handling W11.

I think my external web camera is even older. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it using the latest and greatest Logitech software for that camera. I can no longer find the date but I think the date of the software is about 7 years ago.

I will let you know how it goes on.