Fine Tuner Echo & Audio Link: Uses

Joel

I want to make sure I’m not missing anything vital in the two accessories.

1. The only time I use the Echo is when I need the MT functions. Is anyone using it for anything else? As fas as I know, it’s only connection capability is to Sonnet and Rondo.

2. I never use the Audio Link. How does everyone use it? Am I missing something i could be doing?

3. Do you use an audio output for sound to from your Tv to your sonnet?

thanks
joel

I never use the Echo remote. If I ever did it would be to check the microphone on my Rondo 3s. I have four of these remotes and briefly used one of them early on while figuring out my preferences. The other three are still sealed in their boxes.

There’s input options in AudioKey2 but I haven’t had a need to change it from Microphone to either MT Mix or Telecoil so can’t comment. Finnicky though they are my preference is AudioStream.

AudioLink: I only use this to stream my TV to my Rondo 3s. It’s permanently left in its base hooked up to my TV. It’s the only steaming I do with Rondo 3s.

if you meant streaming from TV to Sonnet 2 processors:

TV to Sonnet 2s w/AudioStream: yes via Roku and through the Roku remote app on smartphone. I do this when I don’t want to stream from AudioLink/Rondo 3s.

Downside #1: Not the best option if the phone is constantly in use as any audio from the phone will interfere with listening to the TV.

Downside #2: unlike AudioLink, the Roku streaming method disables the TV speakers. Haven’t heard of a workaround for this from anyone, nor can figure it out myself.

Downside #3: also unlike AudioLink, can’t change microphones to 100/0 to eliminate background noise. It’ll always be 50/50 mix.

Best upside: Range and stronger connection compared to AudioLink alternative.

• HearPeers Heroes

Here is a pic that lists some things we can do with the Fine Tuner Echo.

For me, I never change volume nor sensitivity.  I only use remotes to switch programs (rarely) and to switch between M/MT/T (often).

click the pic to zoom in

IMG_5682.jpeg

• Members

Thanks! 

I wonder why the Audiokey2 app has to have processor data refreshed but the Fine Tuner Echo doesn't. 

I don't remember doing the refresh before in the Audiokey 2 app.  I'll add a reminder to my notes for future appointments. 

It’s to match any changes to your map.  Things like volumes, sensitivity can be affected.  Audis can actually disable the sensitivity settings and that’ll go away in the app to reflect it.  Simple things like that.

• HearPeers Heroes

I think the need to update the data under profile in AudioKey2 after every programming change is not widely known.  In my opinion, it would be very helpful for @MED-EL Moderator to post this information and a video showing how to do it on their social media accounts periodically.

• Like 1

• Members
11 hours ago, John F said:

It’s to match any changes to your map.  Things like volumes, sensitivity can be affected.  Audis can actually disable the sensitivity settings and that’ll go away in the app to reflect it.  Simple things like that.

Ahh, that makes sense for why an update is needed but that's my point.  They say to update Audiokey2 but no mention of needing to do something similar for the FineTuner Echo (FTE) even though the chart shows that the FTE has the same ability to control volume and sensitivity.  Perhaps the FTE does an auto update of some form. 

It seems like it would be a small programming fix for Audiokey2 to self-update if it senses a change to processor MAP.

Tried several times this morning and kept getting the following error message.

Failed to read

Restart the audio processor, place it close to the smartphone, ensure location services are turn on, and try again.

Tried about five times with the R2 and S3before it finally worked - only to say "Success - No changes" so I guess it was updated at some point.  Perhaps when I was having Audiostream problems a few months ago.

Not sure if these are all necessary but what finally worked for me is to do all three of these additional steps before trying to refresh my processor data:

• Have both processors freshly restarted and next to the phone (not sure if it allows doing one at a time.)
  • Make sure that Rondo 3 does not turn itself off due to inactivity.
  • Use the "Find My Processor" command to ensure that location services are enabled and working.

Feature requests for future Audiokey 2 updates:

1. Automatic refresh of processor data (presumably FTE does it.)
  2. Message about processor data last updated ____ on this screen, whether (or both) it is based on when the processor's data was last updated and/or when it was last refreshed.
  3. More clarity on why it fails to read.  (Should be able to say if it doesn't find one of the processors or if location services is not working.

• HearPeers Heroes

Maybe because the buttons on the FineTuner Echo are permanent but can be disabled by our audiologists whereas the screen display in AudioKey2 seems to reflect only the features that are enabled?

On 2/8/2024 at 1:06 PM, Mary Beth said:

I think the need to update the data under profile in AudioKey2 after every programming change is not widely known.  In my opinion, it would be very helpful for @MED-EL Moderator to post this information and a video showing how to do it on their social media accounts periodically.

@Mary Beth, thank you for sharing your feedback and suggestion with us. We have shared this with the responsible team. 

Kind Regards, 

Alicia