sound settings

Vladislav

Hello, I wanted to ask if it is possible to turn off the external sound. The train/plane is very noisy, so it is impossible to watch with sound or listen to music using audiostream. Decreasing sensitivity doesn't help

Edited by Vladislav

• HearPeers Heroes

@Vladislav

User control of the mix ratio for AudioStream is something many of us have asked Med-El to offer.  Hopefully Med-El will offer it in the future. @MED-EL Moderator

For now we are limited to doing this when we wish to significantly knock out environmental sound while using AudioStream….

1) lower volume of Sonnet/Sonnet2 and then increase volume of phone/tablet to max.  Next slowly increase volume of Sonnet/Sonnet2 until the streamed audio is at a comfortable volume

2) have our audiologists create a program specifically for use with AudioStream and move into that program while streaming.  For me this program is set at sensitivity at 0% and volume at 70-75%

Streaming while totally muting environmental sounds with Sonnet/Sonnet2 is possible by using Artone BT neckloop and Sonnet/Sonnet2 on T or by using AudioLink and changing its mix ratio with the mix button.

45 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Vladislav

User control of the mix ratio for AudioStream is something many of us have asked Med-El to offer.  Hopefully Med-El will offer it in the future. @MED-EL Moderator

For now we are limited to doing this when we wish to significantly knock out environmental sound while using AudioStream….

1) lower volume of Sonnet/Sonnet2 and then increase volume of phone/tablet to max.  Next slowly increase volume of Sonnet/Sonnet2 until the streamed audio is at a comfortable volume

2) have our audiologists create a program specifically for use with AudioStream and move into that program while streaming.  For me this program is set at sensitivity at 0% and volume at 70-75%

Streaming while totally muting environmental sounds with Sonnet/Sonnet2 is possible by using Artone BT neckloop and Sonnet/Sonnet2 on T or by using AudioLink and changing its mix ratio with the mix button.

@Mary BethThanks for the answer!

• Members

I was reminded yet again of this limitation while out mowing the lawn today.  I was trying to BT stream a podcast and it sort of worked but should be so much easier and better by just turning off the microphone. 

That would be like a CI user having a super power of "totally" eliminating the noise instead.  Fingers crossed that Med-El can incorporate it in a new software update or the upcoming HearCare app.  Do many people actually use the "microphone sensitivity" setting in Audiokey 2?  Seems to not be terribly useful for something that gets the second highest spot in the app.

Experiencing this issue several times a week, really hope for a much needed update! Nice to see I‘m not alone in the boat..

• Like 2

Thank you for your feedback @Mary Beth, we've forwarded it to our product experts.

Kind Regards,

Giulia

17 hours ago, Tim said:

I was reminded yet again of this limitation while out mowing the lawn today.  I was trying to BT stream a podcast and it sort of worked but should be so much easier and better by just turning off the microphone. 

That would be like a CI user having a super power of "totally" eliminating the noise instead.  Fingers crossed that Med-El can incorporate it in a new software update or the upcoming HearCare app.  Do many people actually use the "microphone sensitivity" setting in Audiokey 2?  Seems to not be terribly useful for something that gets the second highest spot in the app.

Tbh I usually just turn the sensitivity all the way down as it has no effects on anything from my pov.  I actually have two programs that do not even have a sensitivity slider.  

The HearCare app, iirc is going to be used for like remote adjustment stuff.  Maybe the new Maestro software that’s about to roll out in the next few weeks has an option though.