HearCare app from Med-El

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Check out this video 

@MED-EL Moderator May we have a new category called HearCare app please?

• Like 3

It’s not released yet (in the US) so they probably won’t until then.

• HearPeers Heroes

Since this is an international forum, we often have categories for items not released yet in the US.

Great app. I hope it will be released soon and we will start using it.

On 5/19/2024 at 8:36 PM, Mary Beth said:

Check out this video 

@MED-EL Moderator May we have a new category called HearCare app please?

@Mary Beth, thank you for tagging us. We will work on this category as soon as possible. 

Kind Regards,

Alicia 

• Members

My audi changed clinics so I will be looking at either changing audiologists or clinics next month. Perhaps the first question will be does/will your practice support HearCare and remote adjustments? 

In the US healthcare system, it can be tricky for them to compensated.  Another brand has had remote service so I hope that they will be able accommodate this into their business process more quickly for Med-El. 

If they give me a blank stare in response to HearCare, that also tells me something about how much they follow recent developments.

The app has been released in Germany already. 
We asked the Audi in our daughter’s clinic about the app but he could only tell us that one of his colleagues had attended a training last week and that they still see a lot of data privacy issues, so they are not sure when and how they will use it. There are always a lot of data protection and data privacy concerns here in Germany, this often hinders us in using the latest technology (but nevertheless everybody is on Facebook, TikTok…).

We tried the system check feature. It always shows that there is a problem with the microphones (on both sides, processors rather new and microphone covers recently changed). According to the clinic, everything is fine. So that is a bit strange. Looking forward to your first experiences.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Bastian thank you for sharing that.  Very interesting.  Hopefully the mic check feature will be more reliable soon.