Have you actually seen Rondo 2 yet?

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Has anyone actually seen a Rondo 2 yet? In any country?

I am interested in your thoughts.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks @Kara of Canada.  I had seen that.  It seems that those three users may have had access to the Rondo 2 earlier than its general release.  It also seems like wearing a one piece processor may have been a new experience for them.

I am eager to read many people’s experiences with Rondo 2.  Especially people who have experience with the original Rondo.  

There are characteristics of Rondo 2 that appeal to me a lot.  Probably the top features for me are that it is 4 grams lighter and uses ASM 1.

I have never had an issue with water and my original Rondo so the increased water resistance is not something I need.  I am also comfortable with the disposable batteries and the way the Rondo is designed, so the Rondo 2’s easy on/off button and integrated battery are not important features for me either.  However these features may be very helpful to other users.

I am interested in reading present Rondo users’ comparison of sound quality and wind handling (since the wind block is designed differently on the Rondo 2).

Also I am interested in reading all Rondo 2 users’ real life battery life hours when also using BT neckloops during the day.

• HearPeers Heroes

I’m with you there @Mary Beth. It will be an interesting read. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@hadron

Have you seen a link to the Rondo 2 user guide yet?

• 3 months later...

Olá

Sou a Sónia.

Portugal - Lisboa

Usuária de Sonnet no ouvido esquerdo em Maio de 2016 e com Rondo 2  no ouvido direito em Julho deste ano.

Surdez com cofose bilateral de nascença.

Amo o Rondo 2 que tem sons mais macios e mais graves suaves enquanto os sons do Sonnet são mais agudos. Em Bilateral fundem se , com mais som mais tonal , com mais volume e com mais sensibilidade auditiva a maior distância auditiva.

A discriminação sem pistas visuais ainda se assenta em mini frases em voz lenta, ainda não descodifico a fala normal ficando as palavras mais soltas dependendo do contexto .

A audição em bilateral fica com um fundo mais limpo e mais nítido sendo mais fácil filtrar os diferentes sons da fala sem misturar com os sons do ambiente.

• HearPeers Heroes
Boas notícias, estou esperando pelos meus Rondo2 e fico feliz em ouvir isso.

(Google translate, I hope I can count on you)

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello @Sonia and welcome!

I, too, notice a fuller, richer sound quality being bilateral and like you it is easier to listen in noise.  Congratulations on your Sonnet and Rondo 2.

Aural rehab helped me a lot with training my brain to use the CI input.  I encourage you to try some aural rehab too.  Do they offer aural rehab at your CI center?

Hi, I'm really Happy to hear that Rondo 2 provides better hearing than opus 2 or Rondo 1. I thought that it was actually a rebuilt of the opus2/ Rondo processor so I expected basically same sound quality as they provided. Isn't It actually a rebuilt of the same processor? Might It be due to a better microphone? We were thinking in upgrading my son's opus 2 to the Rondo 2 but as I read that it was basically same. Tech we decided to wait for a possible Sonnet 2..

16 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

Hello @Sonia and welcome!

I, too, notice a fuller, richer sound quality being bilateral and like you it is easier to listen in noise.  Congratulations on your Sonnet and Rondo 2.

Aural rehab helped me a lot with training my brain to use the CI input.  I encourage you to try some aural rehab too.  Do they offer aural rehab at your CI center? 

Hello, em Portugal há pouca informação sobre reabilitação auditiva , apenas sigo as orientações da minha terapeuta da fala.

O maior treino é feito em casa, no dia a dia no trabalho e com familiares.

Sim o som é mais rico em bilateral com mais agudos e os graves mais baixos estão ganhar mais forma.

A Medel surcusal em Coimbra precisa de disponibilizar mais informações sobre reabilitação. Acho que tem pouco pessoal disponível para ajudar muitas gentes em todo o país, e nós temos de treinar muito em casa com leituras em aúdios com textos escritos (sim há muitos no you tube) e com jogos auditivos-visuais.

Tenho recorrido muito as páginas medel Br-Brazil e em grupos usuários nos wattshapp brasileiros o que tem me ajudado muito em disponibilizar informações. 

Vim a este grupo hearpeers com esperança de poder encontrar mais usuários portugueses...

Agradeço muito a ajuda Mary Beth.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Sonia

We are an international group here on HearPeers but I am not sure if we presently have many active Portuguese members.  I hope you are able to connect with other Portuguese CI users soon.

• HearPeers Heroes

@VictorR

I have only met a few Rondo 2 users who had been long time Rondo or OPUS2 users previously.  Their comments about loving their Rondo 2s focus on how light it is, ease of use and rechargeable battery.

Sound quality changes seem to vary a lot.  Some people find the Sonnet to sound similar to the OPUS 2 and others find the Sonnet to sound better than the OPUS 2.

I have not read anything about the Sonnet 2 yet.

sim há sons muitos parecidos do sonnet com os do rondo 2 , depende do nosso cérebro e pela compreensão auditiva.

37 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Sonia

We are an international group here on HearPeers but I am not sure if we presently have many active Portuguese members.  I hope you are able to connect with other Portuguese CI users soon.

ok, thanks

3 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@VictorR

I have only met a few Rondo 2 users who had been long time Rondo or OPUS2 users previously.  Their comments about loving their Rondo 2s focus on how light it is, ease of use and rechargeable battery.

Sound quality changes seem to vary a lot.  Some people find the Sonnet to sound similar to the OPUS 2 and others find the Sonnet to sound better than the OPUS 2.

I have not read anything about the Sonnet 2 yet.

Thanks for your reply. We just have the feeling that a new behind the ear processor should be coming soon as they are about to stop reparing opus2 and the time lapse between latest processor's releases (opus2- > Sonnet) has almost passed (4 yrs) .

• HearPeers Heroes

@VictorR

I am curious about the Sonnet 2.

i suppose I will always be curious about what Med-El has in store for us.  Smile.

• 1 month later...

I have rhe rondo 2 replacing my rondo 1, I  was surprised to find the sound clearer I expected it to be the same. The med el rep explained that it was due to the technology improvements in the microphone nothing else. I am very happy with mine i have had it for a month and a bit

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kim

Any problems with hearing your hair?

How long is the battery lasting for you?