Waterwear

Mary Featherston

• HearPeers Heroes

Well, I put the waterwear on my processor today and we went to a local lake, but I was too afraid to wear the processor in the water because I don't have a tether of any kind.  I should have brought a headband or something.

I'm going to try it again.  But I was able to sit on the dock and hear the water!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kara of Canada - if I'm going to do this, I'll need to get one.  I wasn't actually expecting this, we didn't plan ahead and it's the first time I've been swimming in years.  So I dunno, if it gets to be a regular thing I'll have to get a headband.

• HearPeers Heroes

Take attention that MED EL don't recommend sport head band for water sports. @Kara of Canada, are the pocket of band closed at top?

• HearPeers Heroes

I secure my Rondos differently depending on the type of water exposure.

If I am swimming in our pool, I don’t secure them at all because I can easily swim down and pick them up off the bottom of the pool if I ever knock them off.  

At a hotel pool, I secure them with the EarGear Rondo covers with tether and clip, attached to my swimsuit or swim shirt.  I do this also in hotel hot tubs.  This way if they get knocked off, they will still be securely attached to me.

In lakes and oceans, I use the EarGear Rondo covers with tether and clip, attached to my swimsuit or swim shirt PLUS I wear a nammucap.  The extra security allows me to enjoy the water with no worries and everything still sounds great.

• HearPeers Heroes
1 hour ago, Valentin said:

Take attention that MED EL don't recommend sport head band for water sports. @Kara of Canada, are the pocket of band closed at top?

I’m aware of this. I do use it and I don’t usually submerse so it’s just so they don’t get knocked off. I put them in the water wear then into the pockets they go. I have two Sonnets in case I didn’t say that. I wiggle them around till the magnet sticks. Yes the pockets are right at the op of he headband. Plus they are in the right spot for the processor to sit right. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

So we're headed back to the lake today, boating this time.  I've put the waterwear on even though I don't expect to get wet.  It seems like there's a crinkly sound with the waterwear.  @Kara of Canada and @Mary Beth do you experience that?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

Many Sonnet users report hearing the waterwear cover over their mics. Med-El recommends using an omni mic setting on the Sonnets in waterwear.  That may lessen the unwanted sound as only one mic will be active.

Rondo waterwear is skin tight and the mic is protected by the windblock so this is not a problem at all with Rondos in waterwear.  I only use waterwear with my Rondos.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ah ha.  Thanks, @Mary Beth - I was using omni to start but switched to adaptive once we got out on the lake - the engines were behind me and it helped.  There was wind too, but it wasn't too bad.  I didn't know what boat we were going in before we left, but B chose his largest one, which is probably about 36 or so feet.  I would have had to try really hard to fall out OR drop my CI.  But it makes me nervous.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes I notice the crinkly noise but hearing far outweighs it. In my personal opinion. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kara of Canada - definitely worth it, I was just wondering if it was normal.  I was able to hear Brian and Ron the whole time we were on the boat.

• HearPeers Heroes

Exactly. We just adapt and go with it! Enjoy time on the water I know I do. 

• Like 1