Soon to be implanted

Marion nancy

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marion nancy - it's natural to be nervous, but hang in the there!  The results are awesome.  I'm on vacation right now with some relatives that I haven't seen since I got my CI and they were amazed at what I can hear.  I'm going bilateral on October 12.

Where are you?  What clinic?

Canada.  SunnyBrooke hospital.   Also concerned about all that goes on with the processor.   More than a hearing aid.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Marion nancy and welcome to HearPeers.  We are a friendly group so feel free to ask lots of questions.

Will you be receiving a Sonnet processor?

My CIs have given me so much hearing.  Best decision ever.  But I clearly remember how overwhelmed I felt in the beginning.

Do you want to tell us about your hearing loss?  Feel free.

I will be receiving a sonnet.  Decided against a rondo and rondo2 not available yet.

Wearing ha over 40 years.  Gradually lost hearing

Last 5 years went downhill overnight and lost comprehension.   Was not approved then.   approved for one last November.  Long wait with surgery oct 4.

• HearPeers Heroes

You have been waiting a long time @Marion nancy.  I am glad that your surgery is soon.

I also had progressive hearing loss.  

There is a really cool Med-El event coming to Canada at the end of October.  I am not sure if you live close to it but will tag you I;that topic.  It is free, but you have to register to save your spot.

Piece of Cake Marion, my implant is now 3 years old and I use the Rondo since day one, I am also am waiting for the Rondo 2 to be here is the USA I Still have a hearing aid in my left ear still seeing its 25% and understands words but I will be having another Med-El implant done in 2019. My right ear was down to .05 percent of any hearing, after the implant I went Wow I can hear things I have not heard in years (Crickets etc. along with other noises like banging dish's and voices that are sure you are still deft. We can not blame them seeing we trained them we can't hear) so smile Marion and you will exsperance many wonderful things and some things that only time will Heal. Be happy with your new ablitys and have patience on all around your life deals with you now and after.

W/ Love and best of luck to you in this wonderful adventure.

Pat T.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marion nancy Sunnybrook is an amazing hospital. The audiology dept is amazing too. You are in the best hands. I had Dr Chen for both of my surgeries. 

4 hours ago, Kara of Canada said:

@Marion nancy Sunnybrook is an amazing hospital. The audiology dept is amazing too. You are in the best hands. I had Dr Chen for both of my surgeries. 

Please if it is not to far I would love to go

• HearPeers Heroes

That’s awesome! He is the head of the department and is an amazing surgeon! Dr keep actually assisted with my last surgery. It will go well. I’m sure. You can tell him I say hi! 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marion nancy -  I was nervous about the size of the Sonnet compared to my hearing aids, but it's not uncomfortable.  I think it really helps not to have an ear mold anymore, that always bothered the skin in my ears.

Good luck!

I might need an ear mold if they retain residual hearing.  I mentioned I have trouble wit ear molds.  They will try to do a half shell

3 hours ago, Kara of Canada said:

That’s awesome! He is the head of the department and is an amazing surgeon! Dr keep actually assisted with my last surgery. It will go well. I’m sure. You can tell him I say hi! 

Will do kara.  He was fantastic with me at both visits.  

• HearPeers Heroes

Marion, you will not regret it. The implant change the life o of people. Be quiet.