Rehab games

Hearing Again

Any hearing rehabilitation games you can share on here would be a great help to all of us newbies. I found a couple, one is like a drive through and you have to listen to the customer place his/her order and then you must click on the words. Sone are for vowels, some are to pick out the correct word of rhyming words. One is an audio book with great novels and other books which reads the words but simultaneously it shows you the words so your brain can put two and two together. I also found some kid games, but they help in the process!  And they’re fun. One is a race car that doesn’t move forward until you click on the word the program says outload. If anyone knows of any others, PLEASE SHARE!

AEB5022E-82AD-4781-9C81-F33294F455F7.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hearing Again

I tagged you on posts that list my favorite aural rehab for speech.

Which app is like a drive through?

Lots of people like Hear Coach.  I’m not a big fan of that app.

Speech ID recently updated their app.  It has some kinks right now but I heard they are working on them.  It requires paying to unlock sound decks though.

iAngel Sound app and the settings we can control in it is a favorite of mine.

C&O was a disappointment.

ABCLIX is fantastic on iPads.

The drive through type program, and these others that I am going to send a picture of, are in a site called “Hearoes”. Upps, photo too big to send 

I use hear coach too, figuring it can’t hurt. That’s the one with the racing looking game. I like hear coach. 

Was playing a little on iAngelSound but haven’t figured out to navigate it too well yet. And yeah, hated C&O.  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hearing Again

In one of the posts I tagged you in, I explain how to use the settings feature in the iAngel Sound app.  Maybe it will help you.

Will check that out. Is it only PC based because I downloaded the app on my iPhone and I’m unable to fill anything out other than my name and county and can not scroll lower to the other boxes?  

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the names of more rehab apps. I found some I did not like and was getting bored using the same one over and over.

Sorry I have been away for awhile but the holidays are difficult for me and my spouse as it was only last year in January her father died. But it is good to be back among friends.

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I tried to get ABClix but it only works on ipad, not even on an iphone.

I also got Hearoes but am not finding it helpful, there's a weird lack of clarity there or - I'm not sure, it just sounds really, really peculiar, to the point where I can't get much from it at all.  iAngel Sounds is what I use most, and Hear Coach.