Large space meeting with teleconference participant

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Yesterday I attended a meeting for work held in a large conference room with tables arranged in a square with a large open space in the middle.  There were 10 participants in the room spaced out around the tables.  The participants across from me were about 12 feet away.  On one table up front was a conference call phone and one participant presented to us remotely via that phone.  Most everything was wrong with this set up.  Smile.  The room had two full walls of windows and two full walls of presentation boards.  At least it did have carpeting.

I was amazed that I understood everyone, including the presenter via the conference call so easily.

Three and a half years into my CI journey and still blown away with the hearing these CIs have given me.

Amazing tech!

So very thankful.

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

Question for you all, and a kind of WOWish moment.  Yesterday I noticed that there was an apparently sudden increase in volume in my new CI, and with it a significant increase in clarity too.

I don't recall that happening with the first - anyone heard of it before?  It was amazing, last night when I was on the treadmill I had to turn down the volume on the TV.

I mean, honestly, before this, I can't recall when I turned the volume down.  From me you wouldn't have known that the volume controls GO down.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Just realized that I didn't get to the question - anyone had that happen?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

Did this sudden increase in volume and corresponding clarity on your new side happen when you first put the processor on in the morning or at some other point of the day?  Has it remained?

• HearPeers Heroes
1 minute ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

Did this sudden increase in volume and corresponding clarity on your new side happen when you first put the processor on in the morning or at some other point of the day?  Has it remained?

I first noticed it after lunch on Friday.  And yes, it's remained.  Astounding.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks, @Mary Beth - and I hope, to return to your original, highjacked by me topic, I hope that one day I can hear that well in a large conference room!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

When I was early in my CI journey, it helped me to read people’s comments who had been using their CIs  longer.  They commented on just holding their phones over their processor mics when making calls.  I was still switching to MT and the thought of just holding my phone over the mic was a bit daunting.  Smile.  But I figured if they learned to do it, so could I.  So I started practicing holding the phone over my mics and before long that was how I was using phones too.  

It’s so exciting to read WOW moments of users early in their journeys.  The excitement and awe is contagious.

Sometimes people who have been using their CIs for awhile don’t feel comfortable sharing WOW moments.  I wish they would share more of their WOW moments because listening with CIs continues to improve way past the initial year and others may be helped by reading these posts like I was motivated to master listening to my phone on M.

I bet you will hear that well in a large conference room in the future too @Mary Featherston

• Like 2