Happy New Year everyone!

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I hope 2019 brings you wonderful listening WOW moments!

What are your hearing wishes for 2019?

• HearPeers Heroes

Happy New Year, everyone!

@Mary Beth I'm working to advance the rehab on my new CI and get them both working well together.  It seems to be taking a while, but ...I'll get there.

You?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

When I went bilateral, it was a temporary step back and then many leaps forward.  I found it helpful to train first CI alone, second CI alone and bilateral.  (Except for music which I only train bilaterally because I always listen to music with 2 ears and that’s the pitch discrimination I want to train.)

2019 hearing goal for me....continued focus on musical pitch- recognizing intervals by ear.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth I'm still focusing primarily on the second CI alone, and then at work I wear both.  But once I get that last pesky high frequency integrated, I think I'll switch off left and right for individual work.

• HearPeers Heroes

It’s great that you are training your new side.  I think for some people, they don’t need to train both sides together.  I had listened with only one ear for over two decades so my brain needed some training on how to handle sound from both sides.  Smile.

Since I hold phones up to my processor mics, sometimes I listen only with my left ear and sometimes I listen only with my right ear.  So training each side separately was important to me.

And I enjoy aural rehab.  I changed it up all the time depending on what I wanted to train specifically.  It was fun to me.  And I enjoyed the improved listening I achieved with each successive training set.  I have now had my implants for over 3 years and I am still noticing slight improvements.  It’s an exciting journey.

Enjoy training!

@Mary Featherston

• Like 1