How has your life changed since your CI?

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

One of the things that has surprised me on my CI journey is how these CIs have changed my life, more than providing better listening.  How have your CIs changed your life?

• HearPeers Heroes

My CIs have changed my life in many ways.  That’s why I keep saying that CIs are life changing.

-I am much more social.  I join in group activities and participate in group conversations.

-I am addicted to sound.  I love listening from wake up to bedtime.

-I ALWAYS listen to the car radio.

-I returned to playing the piano.

-I have friends from so many different countries now.

-I enjoy helping others on their hearing journeys which has been so much fun.

What about you?  How have your CIs changed your life?

• HearPeers Heroes

I don't listen to car radio, but that's because I don't have any patience for either commercials or DJ patter.  But I am starting to be able to listen to music again.

last night we were at a party and for the first time in years I actually had a good time, talking to a lot of different people.

I find myself pulling away from the isolation that was overtaking me due to being unable to hear. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I feel like I'm my old self. I heard that the quality of my voice has improved. 

I am definitely more social and chatty. Someone who met me about 5 years ago and who met me again this year said that I'm so different. Back in 2014 I was so quiet, now she said I'm so talkative, you can't shut me up! Lol! 

I have rediscovered my love for music and music really lifts my spirits! 

I have been able to go to stage plays and the cinema and actually hear what's going on and enjoy myself. I enjoy it so much that I don't mind going alone and just relishing the experience. 

I used to think that there were no birds in the city but it turns out that there were lots of birds in my area, I just couldn't hear them! 

I have been able to carry conversations on the phone, facetime, video calls, etc with ease. As a result I have reclaimed my independence. It feels so good not having to beg someone to make a phone call or interpret a call for me. 

I can also enjoy videos people send me. Previously I would tell people not to send me anything if there are no captions. Now I'm enjoying everything! 

I could go on and on!!! 😊

• HearPeers Heroes

Go ahead @Jewel!  Go on and on.  Smile.

I love reading how CIs are life changing.