Battery chargers/Dry box

Mary Featherston

• HearPeers Heroes

The battery chargers and the dry box all come with multiple electrical plugs that can just be switched out.  I assume this means that the devices can be used with 110v and 220v?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

I used the dry kit (smaller white one) with its adapter in Europe.  Now that I bought the larger dry kit which fits 2 processors at once and has a USB connector, I will bring that one when traveling. 

I use disposable batteries so don’t travel with the charger for Sonnet batteries.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks, @Mary Beth - I thought you probably brought the dry box to Austria!

I bought this do-jobbie that plugs into US, EU, UK and Australian outlets and has four USB ports and a micro USB.  Last time we brought a power strip and a converter so I think all my bases are covered.

• HearPeers Heroes

I always bring dry kits when we travel.  That is why I am excited about the new dry kit that can comfortably fit two BTE processors and has a USB connection.

Not wanting to risk my phone running into trouble due to the different cycles in the electrical power, I charged my phone from a portable battery with USB connections after that battery had been unplugged.  My phone probably would have been fine but several friends have had bad experiences with their phones and international charging so I played it safe.

Ran into trouble with my FitBit.  It was set to auto detect the location and I had purchased a Travel Pass for my phone so my phone connected without any problems.  The FitBit would NOT sync to the correct time.  My phone was showing the right time, my FitBit would sync but its time would not change.  So I had to turn off auto sync on the FitBit and then manually tell it where I was.  Then sync it.  That worked.  But for several hours I was glad I had brought a back up battery powered vibrating travel alarm!  

• Like 1