Base ball hat wearing with a Rondo 2?

Billfr

Howdy, I am a new member of this group.  I lost my hearing suddenly last fall and have recently visited an audiologist who said I would be a good cand

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome @Billfr

The comfort of wearing baseball hats with Rondo 2 processors all depends on where our internal implant is positioned.  If you look at a variety of pictures of adults with CIs, you will notice that the placement of their internal implants varies greatly.  In part this is due to our individual anatomy and the best placement of the internal implant.  In part it seems related to surgeons’ techniques.

I would encourage you to speak with your surgeon about this.

I can wear baseball hats with Rondos, but that is not true for all people.  I got lucky with my anatomy and both of my surgeons.

Thanks, I got half way thru my question and had to go back and fill in more info to use this blog:( but you answered my question:)  Thank you. Bill  I will discussthis with my surgeon when I see her in a couple weeks.  Another question not pertaining to hats but is it standard procedure to have a vaccination for Step pneumonie before having the implant surgery?  Thanks again for your reply.  Bill

Edited by Billfr
left out a question.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Billfr

Hi Bill,

My CI center (New York Eye & Ear in NYC) follows the CDC guidelines for vaccinations.

Which CI center are you working with?

C485D53E-44BB-4A89-A39B-4A67857F1C22.png

I am in Salt Lake City, so am using the University of Utah's hospital. I haven't met the surgeon yet, my appt is for 3/12, but my audiologist whom I met last week, did not mention anything about this vaccination, which would put off my surgery for a couple months.  I only heard about it through reading people's blogs about their cochlear implant experiences.  Bill

• HearPeers Heroes

@Billfr

I was able to get both vaccinations at a local pharmacy and my insurance covered them completely.  It is important to get these two vaccinations in a certain sequence.  If you accidentally get the wrong one first, there is quite a delay before you can get the other one. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes.  8 weeks.

But the best person to ask is your CI surgeon.  

4BD16C41-66C6-4F59-9FB8-8268200C8BE3.jpeg

My vaccination was clearly outline in the paperwork from the doctors office,I guress I was very fortunate to have an efficient CI center.

It was also discussed with the surgeon staff once again I had a Efficient CI center 

• HearPeers Heroes

I had to get a pre-op visit with my Primary care physician, for each of my 4 CI surgeries. I believe I had the vaccine in the first visit. 

i know for certain I received both doses 

joe

• HearPeers Heroes

I forgot about that!  I had to have pre-op visit and possible bloodwork too with my primary care physician.  She also did an EKG.  But my vaccinations were through my pharmacy.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes I believe CVS or Walgreens can do that , they also offer flu shots for free