CI users who have BOTH Roger transmitter/receiver & Artone BT neckloop

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Which one do you prefer?

If you use both, which activities do you use with each one?

• HearPeers Heroes

I have both, but haven't used them as much as you do, @Mary Beth - I keep wanting my second CI to sound better and am focusing on basic rehab yet.  But so far.....Artone neckloop for music and for audiobooks, but Roger pen for meetings.  Oh, Artone for mobile phone use too, it's much clearer than Roger pen.

I have a Roger Select that came in the kit from my second CI and I haven't even tried it yet.  Partly because I don't struggle to hear in the meetings that I'm in much.  And partly because I'm weird, I guess.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

Tech has to match our lifestyles, our listening needs, be easy to use, be small and convenient to carry around, etc in order for us to choose to use it.  Most tech options fail in one or more of those areas and people start out using it and then stop using it.

That’s why I am always interested in hearing which tech people choose to use in their daily lives months and years later.  To me, that tech must really work well for those people.

I have a lot of tech and test out every tech option I can to help my students and other CI users.  But only a few items are tech that I use in my daily life.  

For me, these items are worth using:

-Artone 3 MAX with all of my processors (I have been using it almost every single day for several years.)

-BOSE QC35 BT headphones for Sonnets at home & OPUS 2 at home and on planes (almost exclusively used while flying)

-CozyPhones flat speaker plug in headphones for Rondo 1

If at meetings you are using your Roger Pen on the table instead of pointing it at people, I encourage you to try your Roger Select instead.  It is much better than the Roger Pen.

I hope things continue to improve with your second side.

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I use both

It depends on my daily needs

• HearPeers Heroes

I use the Artone for webinars at work as well as to listen to music in my office. 

I use the Roger Pen when I'm having meetings in a conference room. I just place the pen on the table. 

I don't use them everyday. 

Roger pen pretty much hooked up to T.V. all the time for television and xbox. Seldom take it anywhere else cause I usually forget it😀

Artone neckloop for listening to audiobooks frequently and watching tv and online content on my tablet.

I have Sony MX1000 headphones I use on airplanes and rarely at night on the bedroom tv.