Rondo 2 questions!! 😁

MrVe9as

Hi Everyone

Im hoping I can get some feedback from anyone who has the rondo 2. Today I met with my audiologists to select my device. I chose to go with med el rondo 2 and the sonnet bte as my back up hope I made the right decision. I have a few questions concerning the rondo 2. 

1. Will I be able to wear a fitted cap over my rondo 2 and still get good quality sounds? I love wearing fitted caps. I understand that I will most likely have to get bigger caps to go over the rondo 2. 

2. Is the rondo 2 Bluetooth? I’m hearing from my audiologists that it is but it’s not able to link directly to the phone, so my question is how do I link the both of them?

3. Is talking on the phone possible with the rondo 2? If so how do you do it if you have to hold the phone to your ear?

Thats all from me for now. I’m excited and can not wait to hear clearly again. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @MrVe9as

Having a BTE processor and a single unit processor gives you options which is great.

Rondo 2 is not Bluetooth but you can use a BT neckloop, like Artone 3 MAX, and stream that way while on MT or T settings.

You can use the phone with Rondo 2.  I recently listed ways do I will tag you.

Wishing you the best!

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @MrVe9as

I am not sure about the cap, but I can answer the other questions. Rondo2 is not Bluetooth. However you can connect it to another device, eg Artone 3 Max which is able to connect to Bluetooth devices and then stream to the Rondo2 using telecoil. 

I wore the Rondo2 to work today and made a phone call. I simply hold the phone up to the Rondo2 and keep moving the phone until I hear it well from the Rondo 2. I am able to hear well that way. I never use anything additional when using the phone. 

You have made great choices! I have both the Rondo2 and the Sonnet and I love both! Sonnet is better in noise. 

• Like 2

@Jewel thank you for responding. If you don’t mind me asking how does music sound with a CI? I’m getting mix reviews online. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@MrVe9as

Well I'm 6 months post activation and I listen to music in my car every single day. I love it! I think I started listening to music once again a few weeks after activation, couldn't make out much, but gradually the tunes started to sound natural. Today I am wearing my Sonnet and put it in omni and noticed that I'm able to make out more of the lyrics than I was previously. I have good results with the Rondo2 as well. 

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed music years ago but now thanks to my CI and processors I love music once again! 

Actually listening to music in my car is the only type of rehab I have been doing recently. This kind of rehab is fun 😊

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@MrVe9as

Music is so important to many of us.  I am thrilled with how music sounds with all of my processors (OPUS 2, Rondo 1 and Sonnet).  But music did not start off sounding good to me.  It went on its own journey like speech did.

There is a range of how music sounds to CI users and unfortunately there is no way to know ahead of time.  

However there are things CI users can do to help their music journey with CIs.  I will post a blog article about my music journey in case it helps you in any way.

Wishing you the best!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2019 at 10:33 AM, MrVe9as said:

@Jewel thank you for responding. If you don’t mind me asking how does music sound with a CI? I’m getting mix reviews online. 

Music sounds better than I expected with time

I thought it'll never sound quite right but my new normal is extremely enjoyable.   I'm listening to music for hours every day,  and feel grateful it comes in as good as I remember. 

Best of luck to you @MrVe9as