How to secure Roundy 2 processor on head

Vinod

Hi community,

I use mostly Roundy 2 processor and I have difficulty in keeping it on the head all the time.  Many times it comes off and falls from the body. The small clip which Med EL supplied  is very flimsy. The thin plastic cord can break without any notice.  I like to ask community what action they have taken to secure the processor.It is an expensive item if lost

Vinod

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Vinod,

I use the hair clip to secure the Rondo2. I make sure not to stretch the clear cord so it doesn't break. Have you tried to secure it to your shirt collar? Also maybe you should try a stronger magnet. My Rondo 2 rarely falls from my head but I always use the hair clip as a precaution. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Vinod my experience is like Jewel's - I've never had my Rondo2s fall off my head.  I use the tether and clip them to my collar but my audiologist and I chose a magnet strength that's secure, just like we did for Sonnet.  Can you talk to your audiologist and get the magnet adjusted?

• HearPeers Heroes

If you use glasses all day, you can try the loop.

IMG_20190203_000258.thumb.jpg.c49214b844e81165ecf6765845b19f75 (1).jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

How did you attach it to the loop on your glasses?  Are you using the alligator clip to attach to the loop?

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes Mary Beth, here a photo. I use an invisible fish line from the aligator to Rondo

IMG_20190414_210345.jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you @Valentin.  Looks like a great set up!

Did it take you awhile to remember to unclip it before taking your glasses off?  I think I may forget they are attached and take my glasses off to clean them and pop off my Rondos!

• HearPeers Heroes

I never remove the clip, I retrieve the loop from the pin, It's  more easy,  I never unclip the alligator from loop. First times I forgot it, but now it is a mechanical movement 🙂

• 6 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

As I don't have much head hair - I keep it short

I use the close clip to clip on to my shirt collar. I have in the past used an ear clip  but found it to be uncomfortable. 

The close clip has a stretchy monofilament which is great.

The Rondo 1 has a similar close clip as well but not a stretchy monofilament 😞