Any item in your kit that you would like help with?

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I met a lot of Med-El users at the HLAA convention in Rochester.  Several had questions about different items in their kits.

This made me wonder..... does anyone here have any questions about items in their kits?  We are happy to help.  Just describe the item or post a picture of it.

The travel case... what's the best way to make use of it? What to put in it? How to organize things in it?  I understand it's a matter of personal preference for the most part.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Watersail

Med-El has had two different travel cases during my 4 years.  I do better fitting everything in the older style case.  It has two  sides that are separated by a flat pocketed piece with a snap.

I struggle with the newer travel case because I can not get things to fit in those tight screened sections well.

So I look forward to people’s responses to your question too!

4B711CB1-B13F-45BF-ADFE-C7BA19E2FACF.jpeg

3FEA36F1-6F9C-4F41-AD00-8ECCD6851932.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

Found some pics of Med-El’s previous travel case online.

9F927C59-CD50-47B8-8F61-F4A1459F8534.jpeg

CD4FCD22-2DA0-481A-92D6-8C723104E84D.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

I have the newer travel case.  I use it to carry backup processors, extra cable/mic cover/battery cover and the disposable battery holders and batteries.  And my neckloop.

Mostly it stays in the backpack that I take to work but right now it's in my travel pack as we just got back from a short trip to my brother's cabin.  Where, by the way, despite extreme humidity (that is, it rained almost the  whole time) the Dry Caddy worked great for my Sonnets.  I didn't take the Rondo2s - there's no electricity there.

@Mary Bethyes  I agree with you on the travel case it is a challenge .Ive shop at various stores for something similar but no luck but I must be honest that is not a fun favorite item to shop for

• HearPeers Heroes

Some people use jewelry or cosmetic bags instead.  I do well with the older Med-El travel case.  I can fit all spare parts, backup processors (2),  some batteries.. in one travel case.  

I use a ziplock bag for waterwear covers, waterwear batteries, EarGear, Nammucap and extra disposable batteries.

Then I also take a dry kit.

So I put those 3 items in my backpack and I’m all set (travel case, ziplock and dry kit).

If I plan on listening to audiobooks while away, I bring my Artone.

BOSE QC35 BT headphones with my OPUS2 for flying.

• HearPeers Heroes

I don't mind the new travel kit, I've never had anything else.  It works well for me.  Like @Mary Beth when we went on vacation in May I had the travel kit -backup processors, extra parts, etc, and my dry box and my chargers for my rechargeable batteries.  Worked great.

Last weekend I just used disposable batteries, and didn't bother with the chargers (no electricity at the cabin anyway) and used a Dry Caddy.  So it all depends on where I"m going.