warranty or damage OPUS-2

imran khan

hi dear forum members

can someone please help me to know what is the processor warranty and how its work? for example i have my 4 years old son OPUS-2 and we washed it by mistake in washing machine. what will happen next now ? medel will change full device or just processor replacement and how much it cost ?. we will pay repair cost ? or replacement cost ? it was activated 22 months ago .

• HearPeers Heroes

@imran khan

I am sorry to hear that your son’s processor went through the wash.  Have you tried putting it through the dry kit for several cycles to see if it still works?  Sometimes people get lucky.

The warranty varies from country to country.  I will tag @MED-EL Moderator so they can assist you.

2 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@imran khan

I am sorry to hear that your son’s processor went through the wash.  Have you tried putting it through the dry kit for several cycles to see if it still works?  Sometimes people get lucky.

The warranty varies from country to country.  I will tag @MED-EL Moderator so they can assist you.

we feel sad for its happen too .

my point is i went local med-el they just replaced the processor and cleaned D-COIL  replaced cable too(which i paid ) now we are using replacement processor with our old d-coil magnet battery pack . its fine? what will happen next ? we will received new set of device or just processor will be replaced by med-el . we will pay any price or it will be covered with warranty ?.

My son damaged d coil and the Pakistan representative demanded 400 dollars for replacement while the warranty period is still not expired and there is one time damage and loss policy of the company

they give me this part new only its ok as per warranty system ?

indexq.jpg

rest is everything old its works like this ?

index.thumb.jpg.218cfd77e2d0c84c8b290d6003a1dbae.jpg

13 minutes ago, Shuja said:

My son damaged d coil and the Pakistan representative demanded 400 dollars for replacement while the warranty period is still not expired and there is one time damage and loss policy of the company

i am worry about warranty policy too they may give us new parts only and reclaimed full new set of device on our name . and in future we need full loss and damage warranty and med-el may say we already have claimed it .i want to know full details of warranty so i have better understanding .

• HearPeers Heroes

@imran khan

Did all of that damage to the D-Coil happen in the washing machine?

I do not know how warranty, damage, etc is handled by Med-El in your country. @MED-EL Moderator will be able to assist you.

If all the parts are in working order and the control unit has your son’s programs loaded on it, it will work.

Is your son able to tell you if things sound okay?

40 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@imran khan

Did all of that damage to the D-Coil happen in the washing machine?

I do not know how warranty, damage, etc is handled by Med-El in your country. @MED-EL Moderator will be able to assist you.

If all the parts are in working order and the control unit has your son’s programs loaded on it, it will work.

Is your son able to tell you if things sound okay?

hi mam

no this damage was previously by biting it lolllzzz. yes after we got replacement parts everything is working well my some i hearing and answering the world same as before . he is bit younger to talk sentences yet but he speak words and things by names .all i am worry about warranty system and how its works .

• 2 years later...

Hi

My daughter have Opus 2 CI. I want information regarding warranty period because I think its Control Unit is not working properly and they are telling me to insure the device with charges of 650USD/Year

Thanks

Hello @Umair Anjum, thank you for reaching out. 

When it comes to warranty and other insurance related questions, we suggest asking directly your local MED-EL office, as they have all the latest information on that. If you are not in touch with them already, you can find here their contact details: https://www.medel.com/clinic-finder

Kind Regards, Giulia