A new WOW

Mary Featherston

• HearPeers Heroes

We were out at our new house today - we haven't moved in yet, we keep finding things the previous owners did badly and wanting to fix them.  Today my husband decided that we needed an electrical outlet in the mudroom, and he also wanted a switch to control the garage lights, because the switches in the garage aren't by the door.  So he connected the switch to the garage lights and also connected it to one of the outlets, and put a nightlight in that outlet (shaped like a rubber duckie, we are just SO classy) so that if the duck is lit up, we know we left the lights on in the garage and can switch them off.

But it involved pushing a wire from the basement up through the wall, so he asked me to stand there by the hole in the mudroom wall, wait for the wire, and pull it out.  So I was standing there and he spoke to me - through the hole in the wall, from the basement.  And I heard him.  I mean, we were talking.

It was amazing.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

That is awesome!  Talking between floors through a hole in the wall!  Smile. Remember when talking face to face was difficult?  Smile.  Way to go!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth exactly.  I never stop being amazed at what I can hear with my CIs.