Dinner at a restaurant

Watersail

I had dinner out at a restaurant with my partner last weekend. It was quite loud, but we sat down, ate, talked. After a little while, I suddenly remembered that I left my hearing aid at home and was able to converse with my partner over the course of a meal with using just the CI. Then I remembered that I also left the remote at home, and was still using my every day program.

Wow, I could hear in a noisy restaurant. I don't think I've ever had that before.

• Like 3

• 3 years later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I had a WOWOWOW today:  we attended a play.  In a theater.  First time since 1999, because I could never hear anything.  But we decided it was past time to see if I can hear well enough now, and bought tickets to see To Kill A Mockingbird at the Orpheum in Minneapolis.  This is the national touring production with Richard Thomas as Atticus Finch, the Aaron Sorkin adaptation.

Well, it was excellent.  And guess what?  The theater was looped!  They gave me a neckloop and it was awesome, I heard it all.  This was SO COOL.