Connecting both processors to a single remote

Monte

Can anyone give me a tip on how to connect BOTH Rondo 2 processors to a single remote? I got it to work a couple times (both yellow indicators and the red indicator in in middle come on when it is working for both, but I can't get it to work anymore). I think I must have done something accidentally to make it work before.

Also, one of my processors doesn't work with Bluetooth anymore. Did I do something wrong, or is it defective?

Thanks!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Monte

We pair Rondo 2 processors to the FineTuner one at a time by....

Turn Rondo 2 off

Place Rondo 2 on the lower section of the FineTuner.  It will magnetically adhere.

Keep it on the FineTuner while we turn the Rondo 2 on. Look at the lights on the FineTuner.  Both outer lights should blink amber.  The center light should not blink red.

Then go through the steps with your second Rondo 2.

Red light on the FineTuner usually means that the FineTuner battery needs to be replaced.  Remove the screw on the back to access the battery.

Thanks Mary Beth. I ended up calling a Med-El Audiologist and she gave me the following procedure.

1. Place one of the Rondo 2 processors on the remote and start it normally and put it on your head.

2. Press the <> button on the bottom of the remote, then any other key.

3. Place the other side processor on the bottom of the remote and turn it on.

4. Both are now synched. Works every time time now.

Loving bilateral hearing again! its only been 6 weeks and my new left side CI is already allowing me to hear most speech! My life has changed for the better!

I did have a problem with one of my processors that stopped hearing bluetooth. But the Medel audiologist is sending me a replacement. What great customer service! I am so glad I chose Med-El! I have already had to have a MRI, too, so I am even more convinced that I made the best decision.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Monte

bilateral CIs are amazing!  I am so happy you love being bilateral.

One of your Rondo 2 processors no longer picked up your BT neckloop on T?

Yes. It just suddenly stopped working. Tech thinks it is defective after a little troubleshooting.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Monte

There are so many Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop fans!  It is my most used piece of tech!  Listening to an audiobook as I type!  Smile.

It's good to know how to connect both rondos to the same fine tuner.  Should those same procedures work with the sonnets.  I don't change it that often and when I do I'm never quite sure if I'm doing it right.  I'm always just experimenting.

I'm sorry for the mess this post is.  I realized I know the answer to my own question. Thanks for putting up with me  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Marv

No need to apologize at all.

Yes the same steps work to pair Sonnets to the FineTuner as well.

If you have any FineTuner questions, just ask.  In fact, I will start a new topic about it and tag you!