D Lite coil vs D coil

Percy

Has anyone experienced shorter battery life using a D Lite coil vs the D coil using the standard rechargeable batteries?  I have noticed a 30-60 minute difference. 
Just curious. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Percy

I had my audiologist turn off some of the unneeded DL-coil settings like

-auto off 

-data logging 

-blinking lights

Maybe that will help you.

@Mary Beth that sounds like a good idea, is there data logging on the D coil as well or just the D Lite coil?

were u experiencing shorter battery life before those changes?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Percy

Good question.

I think the DL-coil may have additional data logging (number of times coil is not connected to internal).

I was not a fan of the auto off.  It would require removing the Sonnet, opening and closing the battery cover to restart...which I found inconvenient.  I train each side separately at times and pop off the other coil.  This would result in the DL-coil turning off.  And require a restart.

I also experienced times when the DL-coil greatly reduced volume all of a sudden and that would require a restart as well.

Both of those reasons were frustrating.

I always turn off all alert lights.  I don’t need to have my processors flashing or blinking.  I just keep on the lights that tell me which program I am in.  The other alert lights may be helpful for parents of young CI users.

Battery life in the standard rechargeable Sonnet 1 starts off lasting 10.5 hours for me but quickly reduces to under 9 hours.  I sure would prefer much longer rechargeable battery life.