Wearing face masks with CI processors

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Our area is requiring face masks be worn when out.  Are you also wearing face masks?

Any tips for wearing face masks with our CI processors?

My masks are around the head elastic bands high and low not the behind the ear style. The top band will at times tangle up with the sonnet wire when the mask is being doffed. Luckily if I plan ahead I can wear the rondo instead. Otherwise it is a careful, learned removal procedure to not make the mask use less effective and at the same time not zing the sonnet to the floor.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dan W

I have worn my masks with Rondo 1 and Sonnet 1 processors.  It is definitely much easier and more comfortable with Rondo processors.

My masks have elastic ear loops.

• HearPeers Heroes

We aren't wearing face masks yet but starting Monday at work we all have to take our temperatures via thermal imaging as we enter the building.  I'm pretty sure this is safe for electronics but one of our nurses is looking into it for me.

A lot off board topic... I did some deep looking into this kind of screening for my work and the cameras are really pretty standard stuff... . They are just tuned to a different light frequency. I have and use thermal cameras all the time and have had no issues. I would be flat stunned if any Flir licensed camera would have any EMI beyond any other consumer electronics or that it would/could impact a CI.  

Of note though... you may ask about the protection, storage and use of the images, as Flir cameras are tuned to the infra red spectrum and can at times be a little embarrassing with some lightweight or summer fabrics. Think along the lines of just less than the full body airport scanners.

• HearPeers Heroes

I don't think they're retaining the images, it's set so that it will show a red light if your temp is over the set point and green if not.

• HearPeers Heroes

We have to wear masks in Jamaica. The masks have elastics that fit behind the ear. So I'm wearing Rondo2 anytime I have to go out now. Thankfully I hardly have to leave the house these days. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel

I am thankful for my off the ear processor too now that face masks will be needed for some time.