5 years and still WOW moments!

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Today I started listening to a new audiobook.  It struck me that one of the narrators sounded exactly like the narrator from a book I listened to years ago.  In fact, it was a book I listened to again while training my first CI over 5 years ago.  I searched online and it is the same narrator!  I remember when I couldn’t tell if a voice was male or female! Now I recognize voices of narrators from audiobooks!  I love listening with my CIs!

Tell us about your recent WOW moments!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

So awesome @Mary Beth!! It’s amazing how the CI keeps surprising us 😁

@Mary Beth I’ve had a similar experience with my left CI, but as pertains to podcasts instead of audiobooks. Keep in mind, I really hadn’t heard anything out of my left ear for my entire life (but my right ear used to be completely normal) and when I got my CI 10mos ago I couldn’t understand a thing. Now I can listen to podcasts and though the comprehension still isn’t entirely there, but I can now certainly recognize the voices and the accents and know who is speaking, even I don’t understand every word of it all yet. Neil deGrasse Tyson (StarTalk) is very close to the same Neil I hear with my right ear, which is quite fascinating (and he is not alone in that respect)!