TICI

Vincent

Hello, I am French and based at medel wearing the sonnet 2, I have been following your forum for some time. Medel has performed a first operation of a fully implantable cochlear implant (TICI) at the University Hospital of Liege. I thought you might be interested I use the translator.

https://www.edp-audio.fr/actualites/a-la-une/7330-1ere-pose-d-un-implant-cochleaire-totalement-implantable

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

@Vincent

yes we have been following that !  Exciting.  I look forward to reading more about it.  And welcome to HearPeers!

• HearPeers Heroes

Here an official article from MED EL site. It is very brief, not offering detailed specifications, but it is interesting to know about the advances in this area.

First surgeries ever in Europe with a totally implantable cochlear implant (TICI)  

• HearPeers Heroes

I re-read the article and I’m really curious how they are powering this fully under the skin cochlear implant....I wonder if it’s like charging an electric car 😆🤨 So interesting! 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Megan L.

some kind of pad on a pillow when sleeping????  Bilateral users need to charge up both sides.

It will be interesting to learn more about it!

• 1 year later...