EAS SONNET 2 recipient to be ... waiting in the wings !

Kimizanoo

As I am waiting in the wings for my CI surgery to happen , (If approved by my insurance company ) was wondering how many people have the EAS Sonnet processor. Honestly haven’t met many who do ? Makes me wonder what I’m getting myself into , with that ear mold . From the few people who I have seen post anything about them , seems the ear mold is a bit problematic . Any feedback welcome 🙂

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kimizanoo

Welcome Kim!  I’m glad you are here.

As you know, I did not have enough residual hearing to be a candidate for the EAS version.

We have had conversations here with EAS users.  They seem to have received 24 flex or 28 flex electrode arrays.

I hope a few EAS users join in.

Wishing you the best!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kimizanoo

flex 24 is most common it seems for EAS.  Some people have EAS with Flex28.

I have medium (which is also 24 mm) on my right side and flex 28 on my left side.  Both sound great.

@Kimizanoo

i have the Sonnet with EAS (I also have a rondo2). However I didn’t get the EAS setting until a couple of months after activation because I had minimal residual hearing and the audi thought it best to begin rehab without EAS. I can’t say the EAS helps a lot but it doesn’t hurt either. The earmold and tubing do take some getting used to but they are not uncomfortable. 
my sense is that if you are lucky enough to have residual hearing after surgery, EAS can be helpful. 
good luck

Hello Sarah thank you for sharing your picture of the EAS processor with the snazzy ear molds ! Very cool . I am awaiting approval from my insurance company for my CI surgery. Staying hopeful !!!! I would love to email you If that’s ok to ask some questions. Unless you just prefer chatting here only . I am so interested to talk with someone about their experience with the EAS processor . Please let me know your thoughts! Thank you 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kim Z

to tag a member so they are alerted to a post just use @ immediately followed by their username.  Then select their username from the pop up list.  If you tag them successfully, it will display in blue.

@sarahlovesears (Please see Kim’s post above.)