Rondo 2 Big Issues

DarlaHS

I have both sonnet and rondos, since 2018. I prefer wearing the rondos 2. They are more comfortable for me. Over the last month I have noticed changes to my rondos and the chargers. Sometimes they become very hot after charging all night. Now the worst has happened. My rondos no longer work. I can hear absolutely nothing from them. 
Any ideas as to why?

• HearPeers Heroes

@DarlaHS

Sorry this happened to you.  They should still be under warranty.  I would contact my Med-El customer service rep and describe what happened.  If replacement Rondo 2 processors are going to be shipped to you, you can ask Med-El to load your programs.  This way when they arrive and charge up, you can use them right away.

Thank you for your reply. I was thinking I would need to contact my audiologist first due to the VA (veterans administration) paid and continues paying for all my care.  
what do you think?

• HearPeers Heroes

I am not sure about that @DarlaHS but your Med-El customer service rep will know.  Keep us posted.

I have Rondo2 and was experiencing poor battery performance while I am not familiar with VA system I sent and email to my audiologists and she in return contact MEDEL and my Rondo 2 was replaced under warranty  it was already programmed to its present mapping all I had to do was transfer the Rondo2 magnet and  charge it . Be sure you have the magnet tool I didn’t and MEDEL had to send one out if there is one it be in your kit so check it out.

Good Luck 

I called med-el today, rather my spouse did. Not only are my rondos stopped working, my sonnets have also. They are sending me new rondos and cables for my sonnets - hoping that will fix the issue.  

@Mary Beth Right now only the sonnets are allowing me to hear. I am blessed to have them but I don’t like wearing them due to causing skin breakdown on my earlobes. 

• 5 months later...

Has anyone dropped Rondo 2, since pandemic we have to wear mask everytime and few times while wearing mask my Rondo 2 has fell down. There's small scratch and bump on the side and back side but so far its working. I was relieved when i test out its working even after dropped on the hard floor at 6ft.

• Confused 1

I’ve drop my Rondo2 several times I upgrade to a stronger magnet you have go thru your audiologists to get the next stronger magnet also be sure to request the magnet tool it’s a no charge item I don’t have to use any clips to hold Rondo.

My Rondo2 would slip off with mask and when I would wear hats .Hope this helps.

Changing the magnet is very simple.

Good Luck

On 8/11/2021 at 5:11 PM, Dave in Pittsburgh said:

I’ve drop my Rondo2 several times I upgrade to a stronger magnet you have go thru your audiologists to get the next stronger magnet also be sure to request the magnet tool it’s a no charge item I don’t have to use any clips to hold Rondo.

My Rondo2 would slip off with mask and when I would wear hats .Hope this helps.

Changing the magnet is very simple.

Good Luck

i have 4 circle or rounded logo magnet, which is the strongest one i think. My rondo 2 hold very strong but when sometime wearing mask in hurry or not paying attention can hit your rondo 2 btw even i don't wear any clip n wont prefer to wear for R2.