Audiolink vs audiostream for hands free phone calls

Asher kim

I need to be able to answer my phone when I'm out and about,  at present  I  have to  arrange a time for  me to call someone  by email or WhatsApp.  I  then  set up the dai red cable  and call. However I am taking on a voluntary role with a  veterans charity and people wil be phoning me without  prior arrangement.  

I find hearing on the phone  difficult  I'm  thinking of buying either an audiolink or audiostream 

Can anyone  give me an idea  of which one would be  more  suitable  for answering the mobile phone? 

I have a Samsung s21 ultra  so linking shouldn't be a problem. 

I will be grateful for any advice you can give me. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Asher kim

I suggest you also consider the Artone BT neckloop.  I use it for phone calls and it is great and hands free.

http://www.handsonhearing.com/user-review-on-artone-3-max-bluetooth-neckloop/

AudioStream is receiving very good reviews so far.  You will hear a 50/50 mix of phone audio and your mic audio.  But you need to hold the phone near your mouth so others hear you.  Check phone compatibility on the Med-El website.

AudioLink is getting mixed reviews.  Some people like it a lot, some think it is okay and others do not like it.  So it’s probably helpful to read through posts and see what you think.  (Also see if you can test it out with your audiologist before purchasing since it is expensive.)

I think I'm going to try the the Artone as I have a lot of frustration with the AudioLink. I'm not sure this has been answered already but do you know how much the AudioStream will sell for ? 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jared Charney

My favorite is the Artone.  So easy.

Med-El US has not announced the price of AudioStream yet.  We are all waiting.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 2:10 PM, Jared Charney said:

I think I'm going to try the the Artone as I have a lot of frustration with the AudioLink. I'm not sure this has been answered already but do you know how much the AudioStream will sell for ? 

In the UK  it's £386 for  audiolink  and £294 for audiostream and battery cover

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes
4 hours ago, Kim said:

In the UK  it's £386 for  audiolink  and £294 for audiostream and battery cover

I just had to check that price (£294.00) and you're right! as they have reduced the price from £348.00

@Kim @Asher kim Are you both the same person? 🤔

@Jared Charney Even the Artone is expensive if just to try it out. Have you thought about a Bluetooth Dongle reciever? 

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jared Charney

Lawrence is correct that everything is expensive.  So be sure to check on return and refund policies if you order the Artone.  Best is being able to return for a full refund within a period of time if you don’t like it.

In the US when we order connectivity devices through Med-El , we are not able to return them for a refund.  Only for a replacement under warranty.  So AudioStream and AudioLink end up being permanent purchases.  People can order the Artone through Med-El and then that would be permanent as well.  However the Artone can be easily purchased online through other vendors (some that have easy return/refund policies).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr-LJ said:

I just had to check that price (£294.00) and you're right! as they have reduced the price from £348.00

@Kim @Asher kim Are you both the same person? 🤔

@Jared Charney Even the Artone is expensive if just to try it out. Have you thought about a Bluetooth Dongle reciever? 

Yes same person 😁

13 minutes ago, Kim said:

Yes same person 😁

I'm  fantastic at forgetting  account details 😁🤣

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes
1 hour ago, Mary Beth said:

In the US when we order connectivity devices through Med-El , we are not able to return them for a refund.

That really is awful, how can they expect sales if people are nervous of parting with a lot of money for something that they find useless. Thankfully in the UK we do have a fourteen day returns oppotunity if we find the purchase not to our liking. I quote from a personal correspondence "I am sorry, but I cannot send you a device to try.  In terms of returns, you have a legal right to cancel/return your order within 14 days of purchase.  The full terms and conditions are available on the MyMED-EL Shop website:  https://uk.shop.medel.com/terms/ "

Maybe better to buy from the UK if inport tax and postage is faviourable. 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mr-LJ

I agree.  I wish Med-El US allowed returns for refunds of at least the connectivity devices.  They are not medical devices.  They are connectivity devices like headphones for hearing people.

• Like 2

Thanks guys, I think I'll try ordering the Artone via Amazon since it's easy to return if the quality is not there