Online research opportunity in the US

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I am participating in this online research opportunity and I know other HP members are too.  This team is creating an aural rehab app using audiobooks that is very impressive for adult CI aural rehab!  I hope they release this app.  It would help so many adults after activation.  It is also great for improving listening in noise for CI users no matter how long they have been implanted.  There is a stipend for participating.

If you are interested, contact them directly.

Audiobooks Study Seeking Study Participants

Oregon Health & Science University and Biospeech are conducting a research study looking at an auditory
training program using an audiobooks app. The study is entirely virtual and lasts for three months. An
iPad loaded with the application will be sent to participants to use during the study. Participants will
earn up to $100 for their participation.

We are looking for adults with moderate to severe hearing loss who wear hearing aids and adults who
have cochlear implants. We are also looking for children ages 9+ who have cochlear implants.
Participants will need to be able to read at a third grade level, have no suspicions of cognitive deficits or
vision impairments that would interfere with using the app, and have the capability to attend video
visits using Zoom.

We would love to discuss the study with any interested participants. Please email Alex Shonk at
shonk@ohsu.edu or call her at 971-200-9413.

Kirsty Lindaas, MS, CCC-SLP
pronouns: she, her, hers         
VP for Product Development
BioSpeech
  • Like 1