Anyone using TWO AudioStreams with iPhone using 14.5.1 operating system?

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Is it working bilaterally?  Did you need to do anything special to get it to work and stay connected after the 14.5.1 update on the iPhone?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Mary Beth after the two recent updates of the Apple software 14.5 and now the 14.6 connectivity has been erratic bilaterally  left and right at different times with the same device/ depends on the distance from the device if for some reason and I pause and  walk around the house go out and do something and come back to the same device connection takes time.

then again there are times when connection works very well

i have to say this—prior to the two recent updates- for me just using the BT on/off trick worked beautifully since I have bilateral AudioStreams but now that trick does not work!

BUT automatic switching and handoff has been working more often! Again its Moody!

I guess we will have to just wait for more updates and resolutions from Apple and all or also from the technicians in audio stream I  have not lately talk to Med El regarding the AudioStream and have not exchanged my audio streams like some of the people have because I don’t know if it is the device  that it’s a problem or just connectivity.

MedEl needs to contact someone in Apple/Android to resolve this for us!

With all its problems the audiostream is still wonderful sound reproduction!

• HearPeers Heroes

@SKOM

I agree that AudioStream has awesome audio quality!

However the ongoing connectivity issues with iPhones is frustrating many people.  Understandably so.

I encourage you to share your experiences with Med-El directly and also through the AudioKey2 app.  I think it is important that Med-El and the app designers hear about these issues directly from users.

I am hopeful that Med-El , AudioKey2 app designers and Apple will get these issues resolved.  I look forward to when AudioStream connectivity with iPhones consistently works well.

thanks, I agree with you on all counts.

And yes I have given MedEl feedback about our issues.

Like you I am also optimistic that these issues will be resolved hopefully soon 

The audio quality with audio stream is so very good  that these frustrations actually pale  into the background.

Thank you again for all your input I have been following up on  your conversations for the last few weeks but I have also been traveling and just got back into town 

• Like 2

There is an iOS update to 14.6 Has anyone tried the new version with 2 AudioStreams? Anyone of you who already has upgraded to 14.5(.1) and was no longer able to use both streamer?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dani

Mixed reports so far.

How are your AudioStreams doing?

@Mary Beththank you. I am VERY happy with my two AudioStreams. The sound is so much better and clearer than with AudioLink. I hardly use the latter any more except for watching TV. That's why I refuse to upgrade iOS until it really works. As being a visual disabled person my life is difficult enough. 

I find there is no battery drain at all wether I am a super streamer or not. In both cases my rechargeables last for 8hrs (480mns).

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dani

smart plan!  Which operating system is presently running on your iPhone?