About Rondo mic cover replacement

Valentin

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi there, although is not the first time I had change the mic cover, for any reason I can not success this time. I searched the video to do the procedure on MED EL  but the link to do this procedure redirect to other processor. Do you know where is the correct video link?

https://www.medel.com/support/product-support/audio-processors/rondo/sonnet2_handling_changingmicrophonecover

@MED-EL Moderator

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

I can not find a video about changing the Rondo mic cover either.  This is what I see in the user manual.

2C3DBED3-17C4-4A36-B0AA-6E05F4082143.png

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you Mary Beth, for any reason an very small piece of old protector remained there and I could not insert the new one.

Problem solved 🙂

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

Is Spain Med-El discontinuing repairs/supplies for Rondo 1 at the end of 2021?  Med-El US is doing that.

• HearPeers Heroes

It's a bad news 

I understand the advancement in technology, but when you talk about medical devices, I think the time of discontinuing products must to be longer, in ad, when these devices are no specially cheap and is not specially easy for people to update/upgrade the external processor.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

I understand from a business sense the need to move forward but it is difficult to part with a trusted CI processor.  And it is very expensive.

I LOVE my Rondo processors in waterwear so I purchased a lot of waterwear covers since Med-El US will stop selling all Rondo 1 supplies at the end of the year.  I also have spare mic cover and spare battery pack.  I hope to be able to use my Rondo 1 for a long time in waterwear and when an off the ear processor is more convenient.