Audio stream gift

Kylie

• HearPeers Heroes

At my 2-year audiology appointment I volunteered for yet another research project and let the team do some brain wave scans while I did some listening exercises. I have always agreed to participate in various research projects - science that will benefit future recipients!

I was also discussing with them my recent rechargable battery problems (that led me to swap to disposables) and they gave me new batteries and new battery adaptor to try.

Then they said so sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for always doing their research trials so here is an audio stream as a gift!

So now I have this wonderful new gadget that I've read so much about here!!!!

I have been enjoying it so far. It connected easily through the app to my android phone, no problems there.

I have been listening to music and podcasts so far. I love not having to drag out my fine tuner to change to telecoil, I can just slip it on and leave it. And no neckloop to wear like the artone, which was my previous connectivity option for single sided listening.

The only problem so far is that it sounds a bit quiet. I upped the volume on fine tuner and my phone but still not quite as loud as I would like. 

Any advice welcome!

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie

I heard about it being too quiet from one other person.  I suggest you ask your awesome audiologist to create an AudioStream only program that you can access via the AudioKey2 app (if you have Sonnet 2) or through the FineTuner remote (if you have Sonnet 1) to get more volume.  It was definitely loud enough on my iPhone.  I wonder if decreased volume and AudioStream is an android phone issue only or if other iPhone users are finding the same issue??

And I LOVE that your CI center gifted you the AudioStream!  Amazing way to show appreciation for all you do in research.

• HearPeers Heroes

And I just saw this.  Maybe it will help.

F6C775B0-548F-4AE8-BADE-2B98795CAA8E.png

• HearPeers Heroes

Or this

7DA08272-D087-4D97-B0DC-C13D9BA51979.png

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks @Mary Beth

I downloaded a booster app and that gave me enough sound!!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Couldn't use phone accessibility settings as the audio stream does not use standard blue tooth so it kept saying I had no devices connected for the purpose of boosting local sound. It would have worked with Bluetooth or cabled items.

But the app works great.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie

Which app did you download? Now your AudioStream is loud enough?

Will you post a step by step with pics of how you solved this?

@Bill C

• HearPeers Heroes

There were heaps of app options so I imagine many would work just fine. I downloaded 'Equalizer Pro - Volume Booster & Bass Boster' by iJoysoft. Once opened, it has a volume page and an equalizer page. I boosted the overall volume to 130% (but it does go higher). I have also messed around with the equaliser settings but that doesn't make as much difference - I'd be interested if anyone has suggestions for which frequency combination would be most useful for podcasting, audiobooks etc. The numbers you can dial up and down are for 31hz, 62hz, 125hz, 250hz, 500hz.  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie

And after doing that once your phone stays at 130% ?  Or do you need to do it every time you start up your phone?

Is your AudioStream loud enough now?

This gives info on frequencies for speech.  It may help.

https://blog.accusonus.com/pro-audio-production/human-voice-frequency-range/

• HearPeers Heroes

I need to reopen the app every time I connect the audiostream. Then it remembers my setting and goes straight to 130%. It is loud enough now. 

Though now I've been using it for a few days I have noticed the audiostream loses connection after not being used for a while. Then I need to go to my Bluetooth setting and reconnect it.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie

so this app kind of just runs in the background when AudioStream is connected?  You connect AudioStream and open the app that you set to 130%.

hmmm…. What happens if you want to just leave the AudioStream on your Sonnet all day and intermittently stream from your android phone?  Does it remember the 130% if that app was left open even when AudioStream is in a kind of “sleep mode”?

You can change your vote about connectivity in the poll anytime.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes I guess it does just run in the background.

If I leave it connected all day, when the audiostream drops out I just close the app or or makes a strange noise through my phone speakers. 

When I reconnect the audiostream I just reopen the app and it works immediately with the same settings. Has a nice widget in my drop down menu.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie

We should not need to use an audio booster with AudioStream on android but I am so happy this work around works!  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Bill C

This may help you with the volume 

• 1 year later...

I have been searching for how to increase the volume of my audio stream too because when I paired it with the Bluetooth from my phone, the sound is too quiet. I found out about a few apps, Equalizer Pro being one, but the sound is still not to my liking. I see on this forum someone suggested Music Volume EQ, so I’ll give it a try to see if it’s better than the previous app.
I didn’t know if you volunteer for a research project, they could reward you. When my brother donated blood to a 10 year old that needed an urgent blood transfusion, the child’s family sent my brother a gift basket with sweet treats to thank him. I was proud of my brother for doing such a nice thing for someone in need.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi all, a friend of mine streams quite a lot with his playstation. He has a basic setup (camera, mic, basic obs overlays). What can I do to upgrade his quality? I was considering to ask someone on Fiverr to make some fancy designs/theme for his overlays. What would you appreciate to get in such a situation? I've considered to ask him but I'd like to keep it a surprise.