Telecoil - sonnet 2/Rondo 3

ChicagoIris

I have an Opus 2 and Rondo,  both of which I use to listen to audiobooks when outside walking.  My other ear has a hearing aid.   I've been waiting for a new Medel device with bluetooth but looks like that is not going to happen anytime soon (or ever) and  I do like the idea of  using my iPhone to control device so have decided to upgrade now.    When using the Opus 2,  I sometimes use  BT headphones but now prefer the Quattro Bluetooth using telecoil mode.

The question is which device to upgrade to.....    Rondo 3 does not have telecoil built in but has a "telecoil plug".  This means that should I need to leave telecoil mode for a brief while (for example,  when seeing someone I want to talk to while out walking),   the Rondo needs to be removed,  plug removed and then reinserted.  That is particularly cumbersome when using the hair/clothing clip,  a prudent thing to do with physical activity.  I can avoid the t-coil adapter by using the AudioLink but that will not bring sound to the hearing aid which I like for natural sound.  Of course I can use both the AudioLink and the Quattro at the same time but yikes!  what an awkward solution.   I assume headphones are not an option with the Rondo 3.

Does the Sonnet 2 have built-in telecoil?  

Does anyone out there have any ideas for a decent way to use the Rondo 3 and get sound in both ears?

Thanks!

• HearPeers Heroes

@ChicagoIris

Sonnet 2 does have a built in telecoil and it works like the OPUS2/Rondo telecoil with MT or T setting.

You are correct that Rondo 3 needs to use a telecoil adapter BUT when attached it is a 50/50 mix so by pausing the audio from your phone you would hear others fine.  If we want a telecoil only program in Rondo 3, our audiologists have to program one for us in a program slot.

CozyPhones flat stereo speakers in a headband are an option.  (Wired option unless we attach a BT adapter)

I prefer the Artone 3 MAX BT neckloop over the Quattro.  It’s much smaller and lighter and does not change settings when it bounces against me.

• Thanks 1

Hi Mary Beth,

Thanks for your speedy and informative reply.  I did not know the telecoil adapter works in a 50/50 mode.  That may make it useable for my needs and I would be sure to have an all telecoil program added in by my audiologist.

She mentioned the ARTONE 3 neck loop but nothing more. Smaller is good.   Is the sound quality better?

The COZYPHONE  option is new to me.   Not sure about that one yet…..

Again,  thanks for your information.  Now I feel more comfortable with choosing the Rondo 3.

IRIS

• HearPeers Heroes

@ChicagoIris

Each of our preferences for connectivity devices varies.  For me, once I tried the Artone I gave away both of my Quattro neckloops and never looked back.

• 1 month later...

@Mary Bethyou are awesome! You know all this cool tech stuff. I feel like I’ve fallen down a rabbit hole into a whole new tech world that I never knew existed. 
This brings me to a question. Is there someplace on Hearspeers that lists all these cool devices, explains what they do and has links on where to get them?